Tricky BDE32 question.

Got a good one for you.
We are developing a database app in Delphi3 and we want to send a BDE32
along with it. But, we don't want to install this BDE, just use it for
our app during execution. And to make it even harder, we want setup this
runtime WITHOUT changing the keys in the registry. Is this possible?

Thanx in advance.
Andreas

Re:Tricky BDE32 question.

  Simply put...  No.   ---  Since you're not going to use the BDE, you need
to find a replacement to access the ODBC (whether you buy a package like
Titan or Apollo, or write one yourself...)
  As for installing, if you use ANY type of installation program,
something's going in the registry (so it can be un-installed (I wouldn't buy
a package that couldn't be easily uninstalled....))
  End result:  No, it's impossible without using a monkey-rigged program....

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Andreas Junestam wrote in message +ADw-352B24ED.64118D7F+AEA-aaro.se+AD4-...

+AD4-Got a good one for you.
+AD4-We are developing a database app in Delphi3 and we want to send a BDE32
+AD4-along with it. But, we don't want to install this BDE, just use it for
+AD4-our app during execution. And to make it even harder, we want setup this
+AD4-runtime WITHOUT changing the keys in the registry. Is this possible?

Other Threads