D5 Pro: ADO components?

Hi-

I just installed D5 Pro and no ADO components appeared on my pallet, and
that's why I bought D5?

Where are they, and how do I install them?

Frank

Re:D5 Pro: ADO components?

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately, the ADO Components are only available in the Enterprise
edition of Delphi.  Fortunately though, you can purchase the ADO Add-On.
Take a look at:
http://shop.borland.com/shop/proddtl/0,1070,1-251,00.html

--

R/S Aaron Rhodes
Delphi Technical Support
Frank R. Andersen <franka[nospam]@seanet.com> wrote in message

> Hi-

> I just installed D5 Pro and no ADO components appeared on my pallet, and
> that's why I bought D5?

> Where are they, and how do I install them?

> Frank

Re:D5 Pro: ADO components?

Aaron Rhodes (Borland) wrote:

> Hi Frank,

> Unfortunately, the ADO Components are only available in the Enterprise
> edition of Delphi.  Fortunately though, you can purchase the ADO Add-On.
> Take a look at:
> http://shop.borland.com/shop/proddtl/0,1070,1-251,00.html

> --

> R/S Aaron Rhodes
> Delphi Technical Support
> Frank R. Andersen <franka[nospam]@seanet.com> wrote in message
> > Hi-

> > I just installed D5 Pro and no ADO components appeared on my pallet, and
> > that's why I bought D5?

> > Where are they, and how do I install them?

> > Frank

I have just bought the full uk version of delphi 5 and on the feature
list on the side of the box it says ADO is included with professional so
why do I have to pay extra for something that is supposed to be in the
box?

Re:D5 Pro: ADO components?

Hi Paul,

I couldn't find the ADO support on the box.  I did find a note under the
"Upgrade to Enterprise" heading under the feature list that says you will
get ADO.  Here is the full DB feature list:
http://www.borland.com/delphi/productinfo/featurelist/database.html
If you are interested in just the ADO, I would recommend getting the add-on
over buying Enterprise.  Good luck!

--

R/S Aaron Rhodes
Delphi Technical Support

> I have just bought the full uk version of delphi 5 and on the feature
> list on the side of the box it says ADO is included with professional so
> why do I have to pay extra for something that is supposed to be in the
> box?

Other Threads