Redistribution of the Internet Control Pack?

I wrote a simple SMTP application and want to distribute the ICP or at
least just the SMTP components of it.  I'm having a lot of trouble finding
notes on what files and what registry entries are needed, and I'm playing
hit and miss with the OCXs in my windows/system directory, to no avail.

Anyone redistributed the ICP?  Where is the information for doing it the
RIGHT way.

Duff

Re:Redistribution of the Internet Control Pack?

On 27 Jun 1997 15:18:18 GMT, "Mike Duff" <d...@mcs.com> wrote:

>hit and miss with the OCXs in my windows/system directory, to no avail.
>Anyone redistributed the ICP?  Where is the information for doing it the
>RIGHT way.

Duff: one URL: http://www.ellipse-data.com/ISX.FAQ.html and read Question
3.

Happy coding

Stefan Paetow
ellipse data systems

== owner@ ==
== ellipse- ==
== data.com ==
== Fix the ==
== above for ==
== address ==

-
=  Any opinions here are my personal opinions, not those of my company  =
=            Home on the web: http://www.ellipse-data.com/              =
=             Delphi Super Page: http://ftp.is.co.za/dsp/               =
=  Delphi User Groups in South Africa: http://www.delphi.co.za/dugg/    =

Re:Redistribution of the Internet Control Pack?

I have the same problem have a TSMTP componet in my Ap. It works fine
on my developing PC but not on users.

My Ap. got a Exception EoleSysError and the form is not show.
After following the instruction in this ISX.FAQ the EoleSysError is
gone, and my form showed.

It has no problem connecting to SMTP server, but got a unexpected
error while sending mail to SMTP server.  I have includes following
files

        nmocod.dll
        nmschk.dll
        nmftpsn.dll
        nmw3vmn.dll
        nmorenu.dll
        olepro32.dll
        mfc.dll
        msvcrt40.dll
        licenses.reg
        HTML.OCX
        FTPCT.OCX
        HTTPCT.OCX
        NNTPCT.OCX
        POPCT.OCX
        SMTPCT.OCX
        WINSCK.OCX

What else do I missing? I am using Delphi 3.

>>hit and miss with the OCXs in my windows/system directory, to no avail.
>>Anyone redistributed the ICP?  Where is the information for doing it the
>>RIGHT way.
>Duff: one URL: http://www.ellipse-data.com/ISX.FAQ.html and read Question
>3.
>Happy coding
>Stefan Paetow
>ellipse data systems
>== owner@ ==
>== ellipse- ==
>== data.com ==
>== Fix the ==
>== above for ==
>== address ==
>-
>=  Any opinions here are my personal opinions, not those of my company  =
>=            Home on the web: http://www.ellipse-data.com/              =
>=             Delphi Super Page: http://ftp.is.co.za/dsp/               =
>=  Delphi User Groups in South Africa: http://www.delphi.co.za/dugg/    =

Re:Redistribution of the Internet Control Pack?

Allen;

There is a Delphi Technical Information Document from Borland which
covers this problem:
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/TI3078.html

Regards,
Nick.
--

   2220E 4800S #186  _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
   Salt Lake City,  _/        NICK HOLLAND        _/

Nick Holland <nholl...@mail.utah.uswest.net> wrote:
>There is a Delphi Technical Information Document from Borland which
>covers this problem:
>http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/TI3078.html

I did check carefully, Try the demo program SIMPMAIL came with Delphi
3.0 in the Delphi 3\Demos\internet\simpmail, works fine on developing
PC, but not on distribute one according to the T13078.html, any ideal?

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997 17:52:34 GMT, aw...@ms7.hinet.net (Allen Wang) wrote:
>I did check carefully, Try the demo program SIMPMAIL came with Delphi
>3.0 in the Delphi 3\Demos\internet\simpmail, works fine on developing
>PC, but not on distribute one according to the T13078.html, any ideal?

Try http://www.ellipse-data.com/ISX.FAQ.html.

That should get you a good start :)

Happy coding

Stefan Paetow