OLE Automation objet methods

Hello everybody.

A simple question, but I didn't find anything about it.

Is there a way to know all methods and properties of an OLE object, even at
runtime ?
Some applications does not have any documentation about it.

Thank you

Nicolas Letullier
nletull...@ps-soft-intl.com

Re:OLE Automation objet methods

In article <719piu$65...@platane.wanadoo.fr>,
   "Nicolas Letullier" <nletullierNOS...@pemail.net> wrote:

>Hello everybody.

>A simple question, but I didn't find anything about it.

>Is there a way to know all methods and properties of an OLE
object, even at
>runtime ?
>Some applications does not have any documentation about it.

>Thank you

>Nicolas Letullier
>nletull...@ps-soft-intl.com

What about the type library (I think the default extension
is *.TLB)? If you are lucky, it ships either with the
application or is embedded inside as a resource.

Just a suggestion.

REMOVE nospam. in my address

Please note our recent change of area code from
714 to 949

Quoc Thang NGUYEN
Laboratory of Cellular and
Molecular Neurobiology
Dept. of Psychobiology
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA92717 USA
Ph: (949) 824-4730
Fx: (949) 824-3522

Re:OLE Automation objet methods

If the object implements IOleObject then you can use IOleObject::EnumVerb.
Otherwise if you know the method is part of a certian interface you can use
IUnknown::QueryInterface.
Nicolas Letullier wrote:
> Hello everybody.

> A simple question, but I didn't find anything about it.

> Is there a way to know all methods and properties of an OLE object, even at
> runtime ?
> Some applications does not have any documentation about it.

> Thank you

> Nicolas Letullier
> nletull...@ps-soft-intl.com

Re:OLE Automation objet methods

All information are in OLB files ; you can read it with a build-in
application in Delphi 3 or other tools like Visual C++...

--
Emmanuel Derriey.
Windows Software Developer.

e-mail : ederr...@at-iris.com