copy record to same table

Hi,

I want to copy records from dataset A / key A to dataset A / key B using
Delphi 3,
so within the same dataset i want to copy stuff from one key to another.

I have tried several times, but I don't succeed in doing this.

Is there anybody out there who has done this before and is kind enough to
give me some hints/tips/suggestions ?

I'm only interested in source code or other tips, not components without
source.

Thank you

Andy

Re:copy record to same table

Andy Feys <andy.f...@test.lannoo.be> wrote in article
<68v9g1$92...@news3.Belgium.EU.net>...

> Hi,

> I want to copy records from dataset A / key A to dataset A / key B using
> Delphi 3,
> so within the same dataset i want to copy stuff from one key to another.

> I have tried several times, but I don't succeed in doing this.

> Is there anybody out there who has done this before and is kind enough to
> give me some hints/tips/suggestions ?

> I'm only interested in source code or other tips, not components without
> source.

> Thank you

> Andy

> The easiest way is to use the TBatchmove component in the Data Access

palette.
Select a source and a destination TTable and set the Mode property to
append or copy etc.

Good luck,

David.

Re:copy record to same table

>> The easiest way is to use the TBatchmove component in the Data Access
>palette.
>Select a source and a destination TTable and set the Mode property to
>append or copy etc.

Take a look at <Delphi3Installdir>\HELP\EXAMPLES\BATCHMV\BATMV.DPR

I have Delphi 3.01 so I don't if Delphi 3 also have these examples. I think
so though...

Good Luck
Jan Oonk
Codim BV