Error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database engine (error $3E06)

This is probably a common error:  "Error occurred while attempting to
initialize the Borland Database engine (error $3E06)"

But I have been unable to find a solution.  Does anyone have one?  I suspect
that it is caused by an incompatibility with an existing Quarto Pro
installation.  We install the BDE in the application folder to avoid this
problem but it doesn't seem to solve it.

Don Murphy
Applied Computing Services

Re:Error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database engine (error $3E06)

$3E06 is "cannot load language driver".

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database engine (error $3E06)

I just spent about ten minutes trying to locate help on the Borland web
site.  Their search engine does not locate the error $3E06 nor a Delphi
error message "Error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland
Database engine"

Can you point me to a location where I can get help on this problem?

Thanks,

"Bill Todd" <b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote in message

> $3E06 is "cannot load language driver".

> --
> Bill (TeamB)

Re:Error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database engine (error $3E06)

The Borland Web site search engine is terrible. Use the advanced
search page in Google and specify borland.com as the site and you will
have a much better chance of finding what you want.

A search in Google groups for newsgroup messages about this error
might also be helpful.

--
Bill (TeamB)