What's error 80020006?

I have a COM application which runs inside another app (MapInfo).  It
inspects
a property of a method of a properly constructed COM object and raises an
execption the message of which is "unknown name".  The error is 80020006.

Anyone know what this means?

I have checked and the property is a valid property of the object I am
working
with.

TIA,
Cliff

Re:What's error 80020006?

Hi,

The meaning of 8002006 is:
bit 31:    1        => Call failed
bit 30-28: reserved => do not interpret
bit 27-16: 2        => IDipatch problem
bit 15-0:  6        => invalid handle
So IDispatch problem + invalid handle = "Unknown name"
So "You try to use a property via IDispatch with a name which is
unknown".

What can you do ?
- Check again the property name vs the object you think you are working
with.
- Check the language used. (accessing the english KeyWords on a machine
installed with a AnotherLanguage Windows doesnt work with delphi: see my
answer on the "Re: Help! - Language independant Excel?" thread on this
forum)
- Post here more details. I'll try to resolve it.

Good luck.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:What's error 80020006?

Cliff,

The error comes from IDispatch when it cannot map the name to a dispid.  Not
sure why this should fail if you are saying the object contains the
property....

Nick.

Cliff Estes <cliff.es...@sgsi.com> wrote in message

> I have a COM application which runs inside another app (MapInfo).  It
> inspects
> a property of a method of a properly constructed COM object and raises an
> execption the message of which is "unknown name".  The error is 80020006.

> Anyone know what this means?

> I have checked and the property is a valid property of the object I am
> working
> with.

> TIA,
> Cliff

Re:What's error 80020006?

Nick:

Thanx.  That's what I thought, too.  I'll just have to struggle a little
longer before
the clouds open up.

Nicholas Robinson > wrote in message <7vcd7v$sm...@forums.borland.com>...
>Cliff,

>The error comes from IDispatch when it cannot map the name to a dispid.
Not
>sure why this should fail if you are saying the object contains the
>property....

>Nick.

Other Threads