'Table is full' in Paradox Table

Please..
We are from Brazil and we acquired the software delphi 3.0
Client/Server.
We are having a problem with a table Paradox that this
giving the message ' Table is full'.
The support technician didn't solve the problem.

We requested a help with urgency.

Thankful for the help.

Alexandre.

Re:'Table is full' in Paradox Table

I believe this has to do with the current block size you have set for the
table.
Go to this page in the Borland web site:
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html
and download the Paradox table alter application.

With it you can change the block size of the table therefore allowing the
file to contain more data.

Hope this helps,
Frank

Alexandre Pontes Lima wrote in message <34FE1004.C5220...@mandic.com.br>...
>Please..
>We are from Brazil and we acquired the software delphi 3.0
>Client/Server.
>We are having a problem with a table Paradox that this
>giving the message ' Table is full'.
>The support technician didn't solve the problem.

>We requested a help with urgency.

>Thankful for the help.

>Alexandre.

Re:'Table is full' in Paradox Table

>We are having a problem with a table Paradox that this
>giving the message ' Table is full'.

Paradox tables have a maximum size based on the block size the table
used.   with a 2K block size the maximum table size is 128meg with 4K
blocks  256 meg
8K 512 meg 16K 1024meg   32K 2024 meg.

The message you are getting indicates you have reached the maximum
size for your tables block size
The default block size is set in the BDE config.
This is used when new tables are created.  When you have the defulat
block size over 4K you also need the default table level set to 7
Reset your defult block size.  Create a new table and add your old
table to it

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:'Table is full' in Paradox Table

In article <34FE1004.C5220...@mandic.com.br>,
  Alexandre Pontes Lima <al...@mandic.com.br> wrote:

> Please..
> We are from Brazil and we acquired the software delphi 3.0
> Client/Server.
> We are having a problem with a table Paradox that this
> giving the message ' Table is full'.
> The support technician didn't solve the problem.

> We requested a help with urgency.

> Thankful for the help.

> Alexandre.

To the great Brazilian:

Table is full

Possible Cause of Error
You may be exceeding the maximum capacity of a Paradox table.

Quick Fix
You will have to either increase the block size in the BDE Configuration
utility or upsize your database to a SQL server database such as Interbase (or
Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc).
To increase the block size in the BDE Configuration utility (from 1024/1KB or
2048/2KB to 4096/4K, 16384/16KB, or 32768/32K), change the BLOCK SIZE
parameter in the Drivers | Paradox page/node of the BDE Configuration utility.
All future Paradox tables will reflect the new setting. To apply the settings
to an existing table, create a new table borrowing the structure of the
existing table and then copy the tables from the original table to the new
one.

Additional Information
Paradox tables can be a maximum of 65,536 (64K) blocks. The default block size
is 2048 (2K), so the default maximum size of a Paradox table is 128 MB.
Increasing the block size to 32,768 (32KB) will allow you to create 2GB
tables.
Note: If you are using Level 3 or 4 Paradox tables, the largest block size you
can use is 4096/4KB. 16KB and 32KB are available in Level 5 and 7 (there is no
level 6).

Clay Shannon,
author of the upcoming book "Troubleshooting Delphi - Quick Fixes"

Re:'Table is full' in Paradox Table

Greetings...
    This may be a FAQ or easily found, and if so, I will gladly hang my head
in shame and slink off to read it... :)
    I am looking for a help file, online reference, or whatever, which will
tell me which SQL functions, commands, etc., are applicable with Paradox 7.
I am developing some database apps with D3 Professional, and I know that not
all commands will work with Pdox 7.
    So if someone can point me in the right direction, even if it's just
saying "It's just like XYZ SQL" or whatever...
    Thanks in advance...

Later...
   Bert Edens
   ChiggerWare Productions!

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:05:37 -0600, "Bert Edens" <chig...@iso.net> wrote:
>    This may be a FAQ or easily found, and if so, I will gladly hang my head
>in shame and slink off to read it... :)
>    I am looking for a help file, online reference, or whatever, which will
>tell me which SQL functions, commands, etc., are applicable with Paradox 7.
>I am developing some database apps with D3 Professional, and I know that not
>all commands will work with Pdox 7.
>    So if someone can point me in the right direction, even if it's just
>saying "It's just like XYZ SQL" or whatever...

Try the local SQL help file, LOCALSQL.HLP, found in the BDE directory.

Steve Koterski
Borland International, Inc.
http://www.borland.com/delphi
(Remove the "SPICEDHAM2" from the address. Death to spam-bots!)

Other Threads