TMemo Capacity

I am trying to put approx 42K of text in the lines property of a TMemo
component.  When I attempt to save the project, I get the error message
"Text exceeds memo capacity".  What is the capacity of the memo component?

Re:TMemo Capacity

I think that it have a integer boundery, so 32K. You can use TRichEdit.

Bob Voigt <bobvo...@netwalk.com> wrote in article
<6jc6j5$ca...@forums.borland.com>...

In article <6jc6j5$ca...@forums.borland.com>, Bob Voigt wrote:
> What is the capacity of the memo component?

It's an underlying OS limitation.  In Win3.1 and Win95, there's a 64k
limit for the memo and its undo buffer, so depending upon the sequence
in which the text was added, it will be at least 32k, and can be up to
64k.

In WinNT it's essentially unlimited.

For D2/D3 you can use the RichEdit instead of a memo.  For D1, you're
stuck.

Other Threads