Board index » delphi » MDAC 2.6 bug (If you are being troubled by time-outs, pls come in)

MDAC 2.6 bug (If you are being troubled by time-outs, pls come in)

Hello, everyone who is using MDAC 2.6 for multi-user development!
For the past week I have been delving into a very IMPORTANT bug with MDAC
2.6 transaction control and made a couple of posts here. Andy Markie also
reported this bug half a year ago. Yes, it's truly an unfixed bug, because I
finally find in Microsoft's Knowledge Base. Pls go to
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q281/6/33.ASP for a
detailed discussion by MS, and refer to my earlier posts which are still
below here.

XIA Chengbin
China

 

Re:MDAC 2.6 bug (If you are being troubled by time-outs, pls come in)


The cleanest work-around for this problem is:
Issue a 'set implicit_transactions off' statement in both
'OnCommitTransComplete' and 'OnRollbackTransComplete' events.

XIA Chengbin
China

Quote
XIA Chengbin <cb...@sina.com> wrote in message news:3ad26751$1_1@dnews...

> Hello, everyone who is using MDAC 2.6 for multi-user development!
> For the past week I have been delving into a very IMPORTANT bug with MDAC
> 2.6 transaction control and made a couple of posts here. Andy Markie also
> reported this bug half a year ago. Yes, it's truly an unfixed bug, because
I
> finally find in Microsoft's Knowledge Base. Pls go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q281/6/33.ASP for a
> detailed discussion by MS, and refer to my earlier posts which are still
> below here.

> XIA Chengbin
> China

Re:MDAC 2.6 bug (If you are being troubled by time-outs, pls come in)


I see the 2 events for the connection object, but am unsure of how to
code the set statement within the handlers- can you demo the actual
snippit please?

thanks-

pritch-

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:09:01 +0800, "XIA Chengbin" <cb...@sina.com>
wrote:

Quote
>The cleanest work-around for this problem is:
>Issue a 'set implicit_transactions off' statement in both
>'OnCommitTransComplete' and 'OnRollbackTransComplete' events.

>XIA Chengbin
>China

>XIA Chengbin <cb...@sina.com> wrote in message news:3ad26751$1_1@dnews...

>> Hello, everyone who is using MDAC 2.6 for multi-user development!
>> For the past week I have been delving into a very IMPORTANT bug with MDAC
>> 2.6 transaction control and made a couple of posts here. Andy Markie also
>> reported this bug half a year ago. Yes, it's truly an unfixed bug, because
>I
>> finally find in Microsoft's Knowledge Base. Pls go to
>> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q281/6/33.ASP for a
>> detailed discussion by MS, and refer to my earlier posts which are still
>> below here.

>> XIA Chengbin
>> China

Other Threads