Using "Prepared" in a TADOQuery

I'm stepping through a dataset from table A and doing inserts into table B.

If I were using BDE controls, I'd prepare the insert query before the loop,
and then call a proc to set the parameters and do the insert.

In reading the documentation on 'Prepared' for a TADOQuery, I don't get the
sense that preparing a query in a case like this either a good thing or
not....

do I want to use prepared?  If not ( just out of curiosity ) when do you use
it?

thanks,
kirk

Re:Using "Prepared" in a TADOQuery

"Kirk Evans" <wkev...@alltel.net> wrote in message news:3d18d5cb_1@dnews...
> I'm stepping through a dataset from table A and doing inserts into table
B.

> If I were using BDE controls, I'd prepare the insert query before the
loop,
> and then call a proc to set the parameters and do the insert.

> In reading the documentation on 'Prepared' for a TADOQuery, I don't get
the
> sense that preparing a query in a case like this either a good thing or
> not....

> do I want to use prepared?  If not ( just out of curiosity ) when do you
use
> it?

Duplicate post. Answered in earlier post 'When to use "prepared"...'

Andy Mackie.

Other Threads