Alternative to FIND ERROR ?

Hi,

does anybody know how to find runtime errors?  I tried it with find
error but it worked NEVER !  (yes, I have a [detailed] .map file)

How do you find your runtime errors?

Re:Alternative to FIND ERROR ?

: ps...@anubis.psychologie.hu-berlin.de (Alexander Lucke) wrote:

>does anybody know how to find runtime errors?  I tried it with find
>error but it worked NEVER !  (yes, I have a [detailed] .map file)

Just turning on the MAP file does not help at all.

>How do you find your runtime errors?

If the Find error thing does not find the error do it manually in
the MAP file. Or write software that does the lookup for you.
"Find error" is extremely naive.

Oh, and runtime errors may give the "wrong" address, i.e. the one
in memory, but you need the one on disk.

Once you have created the right tool you will be able to identify
the correct error address + some more work the line number and
source code file.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@UNI-Passau.DE
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/