Add buttons to menu bar with icons of exe

Hi

I was looking for some ideas on how I should tackle this.
I want to make a APP that is just a menu bar that I can customize
to add buttons of EXE  I select. Some of my questions are:

1)Do I predefine the # of buttons up front or create them as needed?
2)I can add a icon to a speedbutton but when I do it doesn't look
  like a button anymore(cannot see if up/down)
3)How should I store the path to the EXE? database or inifile?

I am using D1 - This APP would be similar to the old bookshelf from
MS-OFFICE

THanks
Steve
--
Steve Siperas   sipe...@hsi.com          " GO UCONN HUSKIES "
3M Health Information Systems                          --------  __o

Re:Add buttons to menu bar with icons of exe

Steve Siperas wrote in message <71a6ja$bt...@mercury.hsi.com>...
>I want to make a APP that is just a menu bar that I can customize
>to add buttons of EXE  I select. Some of my questions are:

>1)Do I predefine the # of buttons up front or create them as needed?

Create them as needed.

>2)I can add a icon to a speedbutton but when I do it doesn't look
>  like a button anymore(cannot see if up/down)

Hmm. Maybe your images are too large? Try 16x16 pixel, 16-colour
bitmaps on 22x23 pixel buttons. (Or some other "standard"
configuration).

>3)How should I store the path to the EXE? database or inifile?

An ini file approach will have *far* less overhead and complexity.
A database app is overkill for this.

>I am using D1 - This APP would be similar to the old bookshelf from
>MS-OFFICE

Hope you succeed.

--
Jeremy Collins
Kansai Business Systems

Jeremy Collins wrote in message

<909684673.8251.0.nnrp-09.c2de6...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>Steve Siperas wrote in message <71a6ja$bt...@mercury.hsi.com>...

>>I want to make a APP that is just a menu bar that I can customize
>>to add buttons of EXE  I select. Some of my questions are:

[snip]
>>2)I can add a icon to a speedbutton but when I do it doesn't look
>>  like a button anymore(cannot see if up/down)

>Hmm. Maybe your images are too large? Try 16x16 pixel, 16-colour
>bitmaps on 22x23 pixel buttons. (Or some other "standard"
>configuration).

[snip]

I think you'll find that if you make a 32 wide by 16 deep image with the
'up' image in the left half and the 'down' image in the right half, it
should work the way you want it.
--
Garry Knight
Computer programmer, psychotherapist, writer

Re:Add buttons to menu bar with icons of exe

Hi

Anybody help with this, its got me baffled: D1/W3.1

When I paint a TIcon on a glyph to show on a TSpeedButton it works but some of
the icons are washed out, they look as though they're displayed on a white
background instead of the button grey.

any help appreciated

regards

John
John Parsons

Cray Chicken: Crosses faster than any other chicken, but if you don't dip it
in liquid nitrogen first, it arrives on the other side fully cooked!

Other Threads