Interbase MS Sql 6.5

Can any body tell me witch database will work better (and faster) with
Delphi C/S, Interbase 4.2 or MS SQL 6.5? I have a double pentium 200
64 Mb as a Server.

Re:Interbase MS Sql 6.5

i am not really sure but interbase isn't multithreaded whereas MS SQL
Server is !?
BTW i personally would prefer interbase - it is easier to maintain !

On Tue, 04 Feb 1997 19:04:09 GMT, en...@atlas-iap.es (Tolo Oliver)
wrote:

>Can any body tell me witch database will work better (and faster) with
>Delphi C/S, Interbase 4.2 or MS SQL 6.5? I have a double pentium 200
>64 Mb as a Server.

Christian Kaas
Client/Server development and consulting
Fax. 49-9129-5518
Phone 49-9129-5508

Re:Interbase MS Sql 6.5

c.k...@osn.de (Christian Kaas) wrote:

  >i am not really sure but interbase isn't multithreaded whereas MS SQL
  >Server is !?
  >BTW i personally would prefer interbase - it is easier to maintain !
  >
  >On Tue, 04 Feb 1997 19:04:09 GMT, en...@atlas-iap.es (Tolo Oliver)
  >wrote:
  >
  >>
  >>Can any body tell me witch database will work better (and faster) with
  >>Delphi C/S, Interbase 4.2 or MS SQL 6.5? I have a double pentium 200
  >>64 Mb as a Server.

1] Interbase is multi-threaded and thread safe, with its new
super-server architecture
2] Look at http://www.demon.co.uk/dtuk/dtinterbaselinks.html There are
lot's of good articles about Interbase

Paul Sjoerdsma

Re:Interbase MS Sql 6.5

Oops - have to update my version 4.1 !

Christian Kaas wrote:

> i am not really sure but interbase isn't multithreaded whereas MS SQL
> Server is !?
> BTW i personally would prefer interbase - it is easier to maintain !

> On Tue, 04 Feb 1997 19:04:09 GMT, en...@atlas-iap.es (Tolo Oliver)
> wrote:

> >Can any body tell me witch database will work better (and faster) with
> >Delphi C/S, Interbase 4.2 or MS SQL 6.5? I have a double pentium 200
> >64 Mb as a Server.

Interbase is thread safe.  Interbase performance is good and there is
minimum administration.  It comes in 3 disks and there is a small
footprint.
I have used interbase and loaded 4 million records and consumed about
350 MB and
performance was good.

For more specific information you can look at
http://www.borland.com/interbase/

--
Ruben Ramirez
email: rrami...@ix.netcom.com

Re:Interbase MS Sql 6.5

>i am not really sure but interbase isn't multithreaded whereas MS SQL
>Server is !?

        Interbase surely IS multithreaded. 4.2 has something they call "SuperScalar" architecture. We have
it running on a 4 CPU 150MHz Pentium.

--
Deploy your Delphi Apps ON the web. No more CGI/HTML. Just Delphi.
Does not require ActiveX or any Plugins.

Other Threads