BdeAdmin.exe "hangs"

After running the Setup.exe program for BDE 5.0 on CERTAIN WINDOWS 98
MACHINES, but not all, I am unable to launch BdeAdmin.exe from the
..\Bde folder.  The program "hangs" with an hourglass and I have to "End
Task" because the program is "not responding".  It's frustrating because
the install and execution works fine on most machines.  Some don't work
that seemingly are set up the same as the ones that do work.

Are there certain dependent DLL's or something that may be missing from
the Windows 98 install?  Or is this some type of conflict with
something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Dale Francis.

Re:BdeAdmin.exe "hangs"

Hi Dale,
The purpose of this newsgroup is to just get Delphi up and running. But,
it sounds like your clients are having a video driver conflict. They
will need to get the latest video drivers for their computer. Also, they
can turn off hardware acceleration as an option.

Also, on Win98, insure they aren't running in 16 colors (this will cause
the same problem). It is a Win98 bug.

Corbin

--
Corbin Dunn