Delphi, Visual C++ and Visual Basic

Hello,

I hope someone could give me some additional information.

I'm making COM objects in Delphi, they have to be used by VB en VC++ too and
I'm wondering;
- Should I make all interfaces dual for VB (it looks like VB only supports
dispatches).
- I'm using Istrings * for stringlist, does anybofy know about compatibility
with VB / VC++.
- I make my own errorHandling COM object, so I decided to use stdcall's
instead of safecall.

thanks in advance!
Floris.

Re:Delphi, Visual C++ and Visual Basic

> I'm wondering;
> - Should I make all interfaces dual for VB (it looks like VB only
>   supports dispatches).

VB5 and above supports non-dual interfaces **BUT** VBScript does not.
I strongly suggest to make all "automatable" interfaces dual.

> - I'm using Istrings * for stringlist, does anybofy know about
>   compatibility with VB / VC++.

Should be without problem (use AXCtrls.GetOleString to obtain a
Borland-stamped IString object)

> - I make my own errorHandling COM object, so I decided to use
>   stdcall's instead of safecall.

You could use :
  - safecall with Try ... Except blocks.
  - TComObject.ServerExceptionHandler