Urgent!!! How to open database on CD-ROM

Hi,
There is a very urgent thing to need help. I want to open a database of
Access on CD-ROM in a DELPHI application, but there is error message
appearing which says "Can't lock file". I just use attribute of read to
connect to the database. I tested it on the desktop. I found Access
generated a temporary file. So, this is the reason why I can't open it on
CD-ROM. But when I tested using Microsoft Access. It could! So, I think
there must be a way to solve this problem without generating a temporary
file. But I didn't find it. Who can help me?

Thank you very much in advance,

Tony

Re:Urgent!!! How to open database on CD-ROM

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 16:43:06 -0500, "Tony Gong" <to...@metex.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>There is a very urgent thing to need help. I want to open a database of
>Access on CD-ROM in a DELPHI application, but there is error message
>appearing which says "Can't lock file". I just use attribute of read to

Tony,

You need to open the file with both exclusive and read only flags
otherwise Access tries to create an LDB file.
ibar...@ossystems.co.uk
Web: http://www.ossystems.co.uk/

Other Threads