ActiveX Web Deployment

Where can I found the information regarding the credentials and private key
information which is required for the code signing on the Web Deployment
Option.  Delphi Manual said it is available from Microsoft but I cannot
found it.

Thanks,
Wilson.

Re:ActiveX Web Deployment

I got my Digital ID from VeriSign Digital ID Services
(www.verisign.com).

If you have Internet Explorer, you can apply for an ID on-line.  The
reason I say you need Internet Explorer is that to get your ID, it
installs an ActiveX control to your PC to generate the key part of the
ID.  I imagine you would be able to use Netscape IF you had the
ScriptActive Plug-in from Netcompass Labs.  But that is just
speculation...

After you get the files you need to sign (it will prompt you to save
them on a floppy), you must set up the Web deplyment options in Delphi
to use the files you just received.

Chris Morris
cpmor...@gte.net

On 12 Jul 1997 17:01:09 GMT, "Wilson Yuen" <w...@netvigator.com> wrote:

>Where can I found the information regarding the credentials and private key
>information which is required for the code signing on the Web Deployment
>Option.  Delphi Manual said it is available from Microsoft but I cannot
>found it.

>Thanks,
>Wilson.

Re:ActiveX Web Deployment

dortmund, stardate 9634.81,

 CM> I got my Digital ID from VeriSign Digital ID Services
 CM> (www.verisign.com).

 CM> After you get the files you need to sign (it will prompt you to save
 CM> them on a floppy), you must set up the Web deplyment options in Delphi
 CM> to use the files you just received.

you forgot to say that you have to be either an us citizen or able to shit
money in order to affort such a signature, for VeriSign wants you to pay
$400 for an ID you can use to sign code, if you're not living in the US.

cu
marc

-+- Let Joy and Innocence Prevail
## CrossPoint v3.11 ##