ADO Jet 4.0 & Access Db with password

I have an Access DB and I'm using ADO using oledb provider for Jet 4.0. If
this DB does not have password set everything works OK but as soon I set a
password to this DB I get this error:
"Cannot start application. The workgroup information file is missing or
opened exlusively by another user".

I have no  idea what does it mean. If I use ODBC no problem but ODBC is
slower that Jet for accessing Access Databases.

Thanks in advance

Albert Ibarra

Re:ADO Jet 4.0 & Access Db with password

>I have an Access DB and I'm using ADO using oledb provider for Jet 4.0. If
>this DB does not have password set everything works OK but as soon I set a
>password to this DB I get this error:
>"Cannot start application. The workgroup information file is missing or
>opened exlusively by another user".

You have to provide the password in the connection string.
Is this a Database password or a use level password?
If it is a database password you need to set the
"Jet OLEDB:Database Password"  property.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads