DATE FILTERING PROBLEM

I want to filter a Dbase IV database and I type following command

select Surname,In,Out where out <='10/04/98'

This statement does't work as I get also out dates > than 10 april 98
can anybody tell me what's wrong?

regards
Domenico

Re:DATE FILTERING PROBLEM

>I want to filter a Dbase IV database and I type following command

>select Surname,In,Out where out <='10/04/98'

>This statement does't work as I get also out dates > than 10 april 98
>can anybody tell me what's wrong?

Domenico,

Open your BDE Administrator (Start->Programs->Delphi3->BDE Administrator).
Under the Driver and System tab, click Configuration.  Expand the System and
then the Formats nodes, and you will see a Date icon.  The definition tab
now has the current date formats - you will need to open the help file to
understand the codes.  I had a similar problem to yours, and found that my
Mode setting was not the same as my Win 95 control panel setting (which is
what I was assuming my database would use).  Your example would work out to
<=Oct 4/98 under those conditions.

Good luck!

Bob Teskey

Re:DATE FILTERING PROBLEM

Try <= "10/4/1998"

--
Bill

Re:DATE FILTERING PROBLEM

Domenico Imbesi wrote:

> I want to filter a Dbase IV database and I type following command

> select Surname,In,Out where out <='10/04/98'

> This statement does't work as I get also out dates > than 10 april 98
> can anybody tell me what's wrong?

> regards
> Domenico

Local SQL uses the US format for dates.  10/04/98 is October 4, 1998.
Do you get any dates past this?  Change it to '04/10/98'  and see if it
works the way you want...

Other Threads