Printing Source Code->Spacing is bad

Whenever I print Delphi source code, the horizontal spacing (tabs, spaces)
are expand to about 10 spaces. How can I fix it?

I have D2, Win95, Brother HL 665 laser printer; correct driver is default,
and seems to be set up OK.

Any ideas? TIA!

Brian O'Brien
bkobr...@cpis.net

Re:Printing Source Code->Spacing is bad

In article <01bc1dee$87450280$75d99bce@brian>, Brian O'Brien
<bkobr...@cpis.net> writes

>Whenever I print Delphi source code, the horizontal spacing (tabs, spaces)
>are expand to about 10 spaces. How can I fix it?

This is just a thought, but the same thing happens if you print a Delphi
.pas file from Notepad. So, maybe you're printing in a fixed font
(Courier, Small Fonts etc) instead of TrueType?

HTH
Jeremy Collins
"There's a cool web of language draws us in,
    Retreat from too much joy or too much fear"
-Robert Graves, 'The Cool Web', 1927

Re:Printing Source Code->Spacing is bad

In article <AvIfYIAGG1CzE...@jcollins.demon.co.uk>,
j...@jcollins.demon.co.uk says...

> In article <01bc1dee$87450280$75d99bce@brian>, Brian O'Brien
> <bkobr...@cpis.net> writes
> >Whenever I print Delphi source code, the horizontal spacing (tabs, spaces)
> >are expand to about 10 spaces. How can I fix it?
> This is just a thought, but the same thing happens if you print a Delphi
> .pas file from Notepad. So, maybe you're printing in a fixed font
> (Courier, Small Fonts etc) instead of TrueType?

> HTH
> Jeremy Collins
> "There's a cool web of language draws us in,
>     Retreat from too much joy or too much fear"
> -Robert Graves, 'The Cool Web', 1927

Had the same sort of problem myself, but the other way... As a default,
D2 prints using the Courier New font (at least so far as I can tell), and
I coundn't find a way to change it.

Anyway, if you are like me and would rather your own selection of fonts
on your machine to the useless ones MS ship with their OS's, and have
removed those you never use... The machine gets confused, and reads
character size and spacing information from a different font file... all
very messy.

Hope that helps... if not, then no idea at all.

Other Threads