These D6 installation problems are real - Borland please comment

I've heard about D6 installation problems but have not experienced them
myself. At work I have a PIII 933 MHz and previously I had a Dual Celeron
533 MHz here at home and Delphi 6 Enterprise installed on both systems
without any problems.

However I recently upgraded my home PC to a Dual PIII 1 GHz and now I
experienced the same problems as others in this newsgroup (for instance Finn
Tolderlund). The installation was without error(messages) however when I
tried to start D6E afterwards, it reported a "Procedure Enty Point" message
(probably due to missing BPL files as Finn describes). Thought it was
something else I reinstalled W2K all over again (even though I at that time
had installed A LOT of software - BTW all other software ran without ANY
problems). This next time I installed Delphi 6 Enterprise as the very first
program (after having installed W2K) however the same problem was there !?.

I uninstalled D6E and rebooted my PC. I then tried to reinstall D6E. This
time I set SETUP.EXE to only run on one single CPU (using Affinity in the
Task Manager) and I did not install the Corba/Interbase-Client things. This
time it worked !? I am not sure which did the trick or if I was simply
lucky.

Anyway there seems to be a problem with the D6 installation program -
Borland please comment !!

Pelle F. S. Liljendal

Re:These D6 installation problems are real - Borland please comment

I had heaps pf problems tonight. Installed D6 several times but get all
these
errors when I run D6. I'm using a copy of a CD (surely its OK to backup your
CD). Tomorrow I'll try the original disk. I've never seen so many problems
on an NTFS
disk.

 - Rob

Error
The procedure entry point _QFont_setPixelSize could not be located in the
dynamic link library qtintf.dll

Error
Exception EPackageError in module rtl60.BPL at 00014DFA.
Can't load package c:\apps\delphi6\bin\delphiclxide60.bpl
The specifided procedure could not be found.
Do you want to attempt to load this IDE package next time

Error
The procedure entry point 588(:f:|:I:y:a:==97-=-=-===> could not be located
in the dynamic link library vcl60.bpl

"Pelle F. S. Liljendal" <pe...@liljendal.dk> wrote in message

> I've heard about D6 installation problems but have not experienced them
> myself. At work I have a PIII 933 MHz and previously I had a Dual Celeron
> 533 MHz here at home and Delphi 6 Enterprise installed on both systems
> without any problems.

> However I recently upgraded my home PC to a Dual PIII 1 GHz and now I
> experienced the same problems as others in this newsgroup (for instance
Finn
> Tolderlund). The installation was without error(messages) however when I
> tried to start D6E afterwards, it reported a "Procedure Enty Point"
message
> (probably due to missing BPL files as Finn describes). Thought it was
> something else I reinstalled W2K all over again (even though I at that
time
> had installed A LOT of software - BTW all other software ran without ANY
> problems). This next time I installed Delphi 6 Enterprise as the very
first
> program (after having installed W2K) however the same problem was there
!?.

> I uninstalled D6E and rebooted my PC. I then tried to reinstall D6E. This
> time I set SETUP.EXE to only run on one single CPU (using Affinity in the
> Task Manager) and I did not install the Corba/Interbase-Client things.
This
> time it worked !? I am not sure which did the trick or if I was simply
> lucky.

> Anyway there seems to be a problem with the D6 installation program -
> Borland please comment !!

> Pelle F. S. Liljendal

Other Threads