Application without BDE, but still BDE error?

I'm testing the application with ADO objects and Access database,
without BDE (no TTable, TQuery).

But on PC without BDE installed I get 'An error occured while
attempting to initalize the Borland Database Engine (error $2109)'.

After that error, the application works as intended.

Viewing EXE with hex editor I can see 'BDE' on several places.

How to get rid of BDE completely?
Are there some objects that I must not use?

Thanx.

Re:Application without BDE, but still BDE error?

<news_rea...@space.com> wrote in message news:3C91D18B.8000500@space.com...
> I'm testing the application with ADO objects and Access database,
> without BDE (no TTable, TQuery).

> But on PC without BDE installed I get 'An error occured while
> attempting to initalize the Borland Database Engine (error $2109)'.
> How to get rid of BDE completely?
> Are there some objects that I must not use?

Check all your units for VCL units that use the BDE. In particular make sure
you remove dbTables from your uses clauses. If memory serves you only need
DB and dbCtrls from the VCL.

Re:Application without BDE, but still BDE error?

If you haven't tried already, search your project for 'BDE'; there may
be an instance of the bde unit in a USES clause. Delete it and
rebuild. If that doesn't fix the problem, delete all of the .dcu files
from the project and recompile. If that doesn't work, let us know.

hth,
Dan

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[SPAM block: my e-mail address is DanB at CMDCsystems.com]

Other Threads