OLE automation in Word, can't access MSO97.dll objects

>I have a Delphi application doing a lot communicating with Word 97 via OLE
>using the 'Word.Application' object.

>This all works fine , BUT ....

>Problem :

>I want to access ALL of the properties assigned to an office type document,
>ie AUTHOR, SUMMARY and that kind of stuff.

>If I write VBA code to access the following object I can access any of
these
>properties no prob -

>    Obj. descp eg.   :
>MSwordobj.Activedocument.Builtindocumentproperties.Item(3)

>The problem is that Delphi won't access the Builtindocumentproperties
object
>which is a Documentproperties object because it is not defined within the
>scope of the same Library, it's defined in MSO97.dll.

>Question : How do I get my Delphi app (ver 3.0 pro) to hook into the
objects
>defined in MSO97.dll ? As far as I can tell it is not an automation server
>as such so I'm assuming this must involve linking some sort of type library
>or something. I've tried that but possibly incorrectly.

>Is there maybey some other Automation server I can hook into that is
>specifically set up to access documents ?

>Any help with this will be greatly appreciated

>Many thanks in advance

>Allan Strydom

Re:OLE automation in Word, can't access MSO97.dll objects

Allan Strydom wrote in message <77ep2f$el...@nnrp01.iafrica.com>...
>>I have a Delphi application doing a lot communicating with Word 97 via OLE
>>using the 'Word.Application' object.

>>This all works fine , BUT ....

>>Problem :

>>I want to access ALL of the properties assigned to an office type
document,
>>ie AUTHOR, SUMMARY and that kind of stuff.

I wonder if this the same trouble that I am having.  You code is a bit
specific to grasp quickly but this could be your trouble.

Delphi does not support Access databases created using  DOA3.5. (Ie this is
Office 97 and beta 2000).  If you are using the DAO3.0 then maybe it is a
DAO 3 limitation.

PS, if you are using DAO3 can I have a copy of it??

Glen.

Re:OLE automation in Word, can't access MSO97.dll objects

Delphi supports both DAO 3.0 and DAO 3.5 but this is not a problem with
either. I think that Word does not allow Document Properties to be accessed
through OLE. At least, not that I have found. I have been trying to use the
GetDocumentProperty and CurValues.FileProperties without success.

--

Woody

Glen Kleidon <kleid...@ultra.net.au> wrote in message

>Allan Strydom wrote in message <77ep2f$el...@nnrp01.iafrica.com>...
>>>I have a Delphi application doing a lot communicating with Word 97 via
OLE
>>>using the 'Word.Application' object.

>>>This all works fine , BUT ....

>>>Problem :

>>>I want to access ALL of the properties assigned to an office type
>document,
>>>ie AUTHOR, SUMMARY and that kind of stuff.

>I wonder if this the same trouble that I am having.  You code is a bit
>specific to grasp quickly but this could be your trouble.

>Delphi does not support Access databases created using  DOA3.5. (Ie this is
>Office 97 and beta 2000).  If you are using the DAO3.0 then maybe it is a
>DAO 3 limitation.

>PS, if you are using DAO3 can I have a copy of it??

>Glen.

Other Threads