D3: .DPL search path "bug"?

Hi,

when viewing VCL30.DLP in the package editor (?) I see the MATH
unit included with the path "X:\GLOBAL\" which is *my* Delphi 1
compatibility MATH unit.

As my path is (in this _order_)

   e:\Delphi3\Delphi 3\Lib; ...
   x:\global; ...

I wonder why *my* MATH unit is listed (it has been modified
recently) and not the one found in e:\Delphi3\Delphi 3\Lib ?

I am irritated.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@UNI-Passau.DE
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Re:D3: .DPL search path "bug"?

Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:

> Hi,

> when viewing VCL30.DLP in the package editor (?) I see the MATH
> unit included with the path "X:\GLOBAL\" which is *my* Delphi 1
> compatibility MATH unit.

> As my path is (in this _order_)

>    e:\Delphi3\Delphi 3\Lib; ...
>    x:\global; ...

> I wonder why *my* MATH unit is listed (it has been modified
> recently) and not the one found in e:\Delphi3\Delphi 3\Lib ?

> I am irritated.

        I can hardly wait for my D3 to get here so I can get irritated too<g>.

        If you change the order of the directories in the path does the
unit you expect appear? Dunno about paths, but the way uses clauses works
makes perfect sense, although some people don't see it that way at first:

uses Graphics, Windows;

will make TBitmap = Windows.TBitmap; for a little less than a millisecond
TBitmap means Graphics.TBitmap, then it gets revised when a TBitmap is found
in Windows. Maybe these paths work the same way?

--
David Ullrich

?his ?s ?avid ?llrich's ?ig ?ile
(Someone undeleted it for me...)