pascal prog with btrieve calls on unix

Hello all,

Can anybody send me a sample psacal program containing btrieve calls on
unix platform. With the GPC compiler, i have i could able to compile
some simple pascal progrms. I have some borland psacal programs( with
btrieve calls) compatible with windows are available. but i have many
problems in compiling them on unix and linux.

ANY HINTS in compiling pascal with btrieve calls on unix are very much
welcome. Please help me.

  kocherlakota.harikrishna.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:pascal prog with btrieve calls on unix

Hi all!

Can anyone help me.

I have an assignment on Pascal program structure and syntax.
I urgently need to know the following details.
Explain the significance of, and what would you expect to occur from
each of the following statements.

1. counter:=1;
2.total:=total=1;
3.readln(kilos);
4.Writeln('The result is ', total:0:3);
5.Writeln('Your weight is':20,stones,' st ',pounds,'lb');
If you can tell me this or tell me where I can find out this information
I would be very grateful. p.s I am new to this e-mailing. You can
contact me on: ha...@hotmail.com. Thanks. My name is Hardeep Singh.

PARMBIR BAL <b...@coventry.ac.uk> wrote:
>Hi all!

>Can anyone help me.

>I have an assignment on Pascal program structure and syntax.
>I urgently need to know the following details.

When is it due?

Jud McCranie

Re:pascal prog with btrieve calls on unix

To others:

Many people agree that one should help others to do homework
for others because it is harmful to the development.

However, I think it is beneficial if we can answer some of the
doubts without doing the whole homework. In this case, the poster
may be confused by the use of quotation mark '' as one may think

writeln('Hello ,',name);

as printing the value of a variable named "Hello" ,
then print a quotation mark (') , then print the word
"name" literally, which is just the opposite of the truth.

To Parmbir:

1-3: it is better to read the examples yourself.

4,5: prints a line. Prints some English words and
    then prints the value of a variable
    in a special format.
    (if you have not learned  123.00 ,  123.0000 etc
    then it is OK just to say "formatting")

The below is mainly in reply to Jud only, and is _not_ intended to be
an answer to Parmbir.

"Jud McCranie" <jud.mccra...@mindspring.com> ???g??l

> PARMBIR BAL <b...@coventry.ac.uk> wrote:
> > [snipped bunch of questions...]
> > I would be very grateful. p.s I am new to this e-mailing. You can
> > contact me on: ha...@hotmail.com. Thanks. My name is Hardeep Singh.

Seems the poster is unable to answer your reply. As you see, this poster
is not sure whether this is a Ask Dr. ___ mailbox or a personal mail-list.

> When is it due?

I think it is already past the deadline, so there is no need to answer
the question. If s/he still has questions, s/he can always ask again,
or s/he can get the solutions after the exam / quiz / hw / whatever.

Perhaps the poster typed the questions in a hurry. In this case s/he may
have found the answer from friends / teachers / books soon after posting.
It seems that USENET is particularly slow in answering non-technical
questions when compared to asking friends / teachers.

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000 19:12:51 +0100, PARMBIR BAL <b...@coventry.ac.uk>
wrote:

>Hi all!

>Can anyone help me.

>I have an assignment on Pascal program structure and syntax.
>I urgently need to know the following details.
>Explain the significance of, and what would you expect to occur from
>each of the following statements.

>1. counter:=1;
>2.total:=total=1;
>3.readln(kilos);
>4.Writeln('The result is ', total:0:3);
>5.Writeln('Your weight is':20,stones,' st ',pounds,'lb');

I don't mean to put you off learning Pascal, but the purpose of these
statements is so fundamental to any understanding of the language that
I have to question whether or not you've been reading, studying,
attending class, etc.

>If you can tell me this or tell me where I can find out this information
>I would be very grateful.

How about your textbook?  Try topics with names like "variables",
"data types", "assignment statements", "expressions", "input and
output".

> p.s I am new to this e-mailing. You can
>contact me on: ha...@hotmail.com. Thanks. My name is Hardeep Singh.

It's considered poor "netiquette" to request personal replies on
newsgroups, consider your "e-mailing" education started.

Stephen Posey
slpo...@concentric.net

Other Threads