Paradox/Delphi - 2 very simple questions

1. How do you print structures of paradox tables?

2. Where do you add the add_password to access protected paradox tables?
    I can't seem to find out which one is the decendent of TSession (where
add_password belongs to according to the reference)

I saw both of those questions over a year ago. I never paid attention coz I
never used paradox!
Thanx for your help in advance:)

-Jeff

Re:Paradox/Delphi - 2 very simple questions

Jeff Kuo wrote:

> 1. How do you print structures of paradox tables?

You have to find a program on the NET for printing Paradox Structures.

Jeff Kuo wrote:
> 1. How do you print structures of paradox tables?

In paradox you can use a script like the following to produce a new
table containing the table definition.  Then, just print the contents of
the new table.

method run (var eventinfo Event)
var
  TC      TCursor
endVar
TC.Open(<your old tablename goes here>.db)
TC.EnumFieldStruct(<your new tablename goes here>.db)
TC.Close()
endmethod

If it's not entirely correct, you probably see how you should do it.
I keep a script like this in my :PRIV: directory to print table
definitions.

Aage J.
_

Torolf Holte wrote:

> Jeff Kuo wrote:
> > 1. How do you print structures of paradox tables?

> In paradox you can use a script like the following to produce a new
> table containing the table definition.  Then, just print the contents of
> the new table.

> method run (var eventinfo Event)
> var
>   TC      TCursor
> endVar
> TC.Open(<your old tablename goes here>.db)
> TC.EnumFieldStruct(<your new tablename goes here>.db)
> TC.Close()
> endmethod

> If it's not entirely correct, you probably see how you should do it.
> I keep a script like this in my :PRIV: directory to print table
> definitions.

> Aage J.
> _You might want to check out the table documentor utility published

in the Delphi Informant at http://www.informant.com . The download file
is DI9603KT.zip

Other Threads