Board index » delphi » Multiple Querying eats memory!

Multiple Querying eats memory!

Hi, everybody!

When using TQuery many times on the same (PDOX) tables, just changing SQL from
time to time, I've discovered that after ~120+ times
"Insuficcient memory for this operation" message  appears.
Simultaneously ~120  _qsqNNN.db  files appears in Session's PrivateDir,
where NNN are some numbers. Each of these files is caused by every Query.Open.

Closing application not reaching error message (<120 qrs) make these
files go away, but it's not a solution 'cause I'm in need to make queries
as much as I want.

Traveling through the source with de{*word*81} I've figured out that new
_qsqNNN.db file appears after calling dbiQExec procedure, wich has no src.

I've heard from Borland that it's not good to query tables while
their TTable components are Active, so I turn them off (.Close)
before querying. But it has no effect!

What else could be wrong?

Many-many thanks in advance to the guy who
can fight these files and free my application from losing memory?.

Regards from Donetsk, Ukraine,
                                                Vic

--
      Victor E. Khvastov       v...@vekh.donetsk.ua

 

Re:Multiple Querying eats memory!


On 17 May 1997 20:57:45 +0300, "Victor E. Khvastov"

Quote
<v...@vekh.donetsk.ua> wrote:
>Hi, everybody!

>When using TQuery many times on the same (PDOX) tables, just changing SQL from
>time to time, I've discovered that after ~120+ times
>"Insuficcient memory for this operation" message  appears.
>Simultaneously ~120  _qsqNNN.db  files appears in Session's PrivateDir,
>where NNN are some numbers. Each of these files is caused by every Query.Open.

>Closing application not reaching error message (<120 qrs) make these
>files go away, but it's not a solution 'cause I'm in need to make queries
>as much as I want.

>Traveling through the source with de{*word*81} I've figured out that new
>_qsqNNN.db file appears after calling dbiQExec procedure, wich has no src.

Are you using theQuery.Close before re-setting the SQL and running
theQuery.Open?  If not, see if that helps.
J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp

Re:Multiple Querying eats memory!


The same "emergent behavior" appears with TTable, TQuery
and TDecisionQuery objects connecting to MS-SQL and Sybase servers,
not just paradox.

Calls and E-mail to borland have had no effect, not even "message
received".

Fortunately, the $1600 for the "upgrade" wasn't wasted, what with a
30-day return.
Too much of an eye on the lawyers, too little on the technology. R.I.P,
Borland.

How's about everybody just return your copy to Borland and notify the
media
of mass defection? Maybe that would wake 'em up!

VB or VC, anyone?

Quote
James Merrill wrote:
> On 17 May 1997 20:57:45 +0300, "Victor E. Khvastov"
> <v...@vekh.donetsk.ua> wrote:

> >Hi, everybody!

> >When using TQuery many times on the same (PDOX) tables, just changing
> SQL from
> >time to time, I've discovered that after ~120+ times
> >"Insuficcient memory for this operation" message  appears.
> >Simultaneously ~120  _qsqNNN.db  files appears in Session's
> PrivateDir,
> >where NNN are some numbers. Each of these files is caused by every
> Query.Open.

> >Closing application not reaching error message (<120 qrs) make these
> >files go away, but it's not a solution 'cause I'm in need to make
> queries
> >as much as I want.

> >Traveling through the source with de{*word*81} I've figured out that new
> >_qsqNNN.db file appears after calling dbiQExec procedure, wich has no
> src.

> Are you using theQuery.Close before re-setting the SQL and running
> theQuery.Open?  If not, see if that helps.
> J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp

Other Threads