Paradox 4 Versus Paradox 5 Tables

Can any one tell me any disadvantages using Paraodx 4 tables insest of
Paradox 5 tables from Delphi 1.02.

I am using V4 as some of my clients want to be able to report on the
data from MS Acces , and Access 2 does not support V5 tables.

I know you cant have an auto-increment field, long int on Logical
fields, but I have overcome come these problems by using :-

1. A seperate table and th RTDBID component for a counter field.
2. Using a number fiedl instead on Integer.
3. Using an Alpha field of size 1 with the values of T or F

Does V4 tables has a lower record capacity or are there any other
differences betwwen V4 and V5 tables.

Re:Paradox 4 Versus Paradox 5 Tables

V5 can have larger tables. V4 is limited to ~128meg practically. V5
is practically limited to under a gig.

The only other differences I can think or are field types.

--
Paradox and Delphi Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support
             Most small questions answered for free!

       Paradox Web Page: http://www.pagescape.com/fire/pdox/
          My words are my own, I don't speak for Borland.

memo...@cats.ucsc.edu (Mathew Gyokers Eliot) wrote:

>V5 can have larger tables. V4 is limited to ~128meg practically. V5
>is practically limited to under a gig.
>The only other differences I can think or are field types.
>--
>Paradox and Delphi Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support
>             Most small questions answered for free!
>       Paradox Web Page: http://www.pagescape.com/fire/pdox/
>          My words are my own, I don't speak for Borland.

I.ve changed my tables to V$ and I have now noticed a considerable
speed-up in the runnung of my application. It now appears to run 3-4
times faster .

Dave

Other Threads