TIBQuery vs TIBDataSet

I need to do some querys for lookup fields. Then I don't update or delete
this.

What is better to use (memory, speed, performance) : TIBQuery or TIBDataset
?

Alex D.M.

Re:TIBQuery vs TIBDataSet

"Alexandre D.M." wrote:

> I need to do some querys for lookup fields. Then I don't update or delete
> this.

> What is better to use (memory, speed, performance) : TIBQuery or TIBDataset

        Either one is fine.  Speed and memory should be about the same (as long
as you don't need an updatable result set; TIBQuery becomes slightly
heavier when TIBUpdateSQL is added).  TIBQuery won't handle 64-bit
integer Params; I don't know if this affects your decision.

        HTH,

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz               Vertex Systems Corporation
Senior Developer           http://www.vertexsoftware.com

Re:TIBQuery vs TIBDataSet

If Int64's do not participate in your lookup stuff, then TIBQuery.  The only
reason I use IBDatasets for lookup tables are when I'm having to use Int64.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail

Other Threads