"print port monitor" in Delphi

Hallo
I'm looking for a "print port monitor".
That works like the original Windows Local Port monitor "localmon.dll".
The function I need is to redirect to "output" of a printer to a file
instead to the LPT port, but without a promt as the original portmonitor
does.
(Also called "Print to Hotfolder")

Has somebody written such a thing ever in Delphi, and if yes is a sample
avaiable  ?

Thanks
Toni

Re:"print port monitor" in Delphi

Hello Toni.

> I'm looking for a "print port monitor".
> That works like the original Windows Local Port monitor
> "localmon.dll". The function I need is to redirect to
> "output" of a printer to a file instead to the LPT port,
> but without a promt as the original portmonitor does.

Maybe a tool named RedMon (Redirection Port Monitor) is of interest
here. This tool does not directly redirect printer data to a file but
to any program which is capable of receiving data via standard input.
The reveiving program may process the data in any way - e.g. saving it
to a file.

Redmon is distributed under a free public license and runs on Win9x,
NT and 2K. C Sourcecode is available.

Author: Russell Lang, Ghostgum Software Pty Ltd
http://www.ghostgum.com.au/

M.J

Re:"print port monitor" in Delphi

Thanks
I will look at it..

Toni

Maik Jaeger <Maik.Jae...@GMX.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
3bcffd37_2@dnews...

> Hello Toni.

> > I'm looking for a "print port monitor".
> > That works like the original Windows Local Port monitor
> > "localmon.dll". The function I need is to redirect to
> > "output" of a printer to a file instead to the LPT port,
> > but without a promt as the original portmonitor does.

> Maybe a tool named RedMon (Redirection Port Monitor) is of interest
> here. This tool does not directly redirect printer data to a file but
> to any program which is capable of receiving data via standard input.
> The reveiving program may process the data in any way - e.g. saving it
> to a file.

> Redmon is distributed under a free public license and runs on Win9x,
> NT and 2K. C Sourcecode is available.

> Author: Russell Lang, Ghostgum Software Pty Ltd
> http://www.ghostgum.com.au/

> M.J