RAM-BIOS-MANIPULATIN!

Hi!

I`m looking for a way to make my keyboard-lights flash...
I managed to write the (what I think correct) byte in the bios...
but the lights won`t flash...
That's because the keyboard doesn't realize a change in the
bios-ram...
so... I thought I'd have to sort of "refresh"!

But how to do this... can it be done by writing another byte..
or do I have to use an interrupt...

please help me...

martin

Re:RAM-BIOS-MANIPULATIN!

You can't do this kind of thing in Delphi (actually under Windows)

On Thu, 14 May 1998 17:11:28 +0200, "Martin Gercke"

<Martin.Ger...@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

>Hi!

>I`m looking for a way to make my keyboard-lights flash...
>I managed to write the (what I think correct) byte in the bios...
>but the lights won`t flash...
>That's because the keyboard doesn't realize a change in the
>bios-ram...
>so... I thought I'd have to sort of "refresh"!

>But how to do this... can it be done by writing another byte..
>or do I have to use an interrupt...

>please help me...

>martin

Re:RAM-BIOS-MANIPULATIN!

Example:

Put three combobox i one timer component on the form.
After that put this code in the Timer event.

procedure TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
var a:integer;
    var keystate:tkeyboardstate;
begin
randomize;
a:=random(3);
case a of
     0:begin
        getkeyboardstate(keystate);
        if keystate[Vk_numlock]=0 then
        begin
         keystate[vk_numlock]:=1;
         checkbox1.checked:=true;
        end
        else
        begin
        keystate[vk_numlock]:=0;
        checkbox1.checked:=false;
        end;
        setkeyboardstate(keystate);
       end;
     1:begin
        getkeyboardstate(keystate);
       if keystate[Vk_scroll]=0 then
       begin
       keystate[vk_scroll]:=1;
       checkbox3.checked:=true;
       end
          else
          begin
          keystate[vk_scroll]:=0;
          checkbox3.checked:=false;
          end;
          setkeyboardstate(keystate);
       end;
     2:begin
            getkeyboardstate(keystate);
           if keystate[Vk_capital]=0 then
           begin
           keystate[vk_capital]:=1;
           checkbox2.checked:=true;
           end
            else
            begin
            keystate[vk_capital]:=0;
            checkbox2.checked:=false;
            end;
            setkeyboardstate(keystate);

Hope this help?

                            Zdravko Dokuzovic
                            Slavonski Brod, Croatia
                            e-mail: zdoku...@barok.foi.hr

Martin Gercke wrote in message <6jf1v2$lt...@nets3.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE>...

>Hi!

>I`m looking for a way to make my keyboard-lights flash...
>I managed to write the (what I think correct) byte in the bios...
>but the lights won`t flash...
>That's because the keyboard doesn't realize a change in the
>bios-ram...
>so... I thought I'd have to sort of "refresh"!

>But how to do this... can it be done by writing another byte..
>or do I have to use an interrupt...

>please help me...

>martin

Other Threads