Board index » delphi » Just what does this BDE error mean?

Just what does this BDE error mean?

During start up of my app I started getting the following message

"An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland
Database Engine (error $2109)"

The app comes up, but of course there is no access to the data. I
hadn't made any changes to the app, and had successfully run it
earlier the same day.

I get this sinking feeling that I have to reinstall D3.
------------------------------
Scott Mattes
smattes_nobulkmailplea...@erols.com
http://www.erols.com/smattes

Boycott products made in China until China ends forced {*word*59}s!

 

Re:Just what does this BDE error mean?


On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:09:42 GMT, smat...@erols.com (Scott Mattes)
wrote:

Quote
>During start up of my app I started getting the following message

>"An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland
>Database Engine (error $2109)"

"Can not load IDAPI32 .DLL"

Possibly something didn't shut down properly earlier, so it can't
restart.  Have you tried a reboot?

Chuck Gadd
Director of Software Development, {*word*104} FX Communications.
e-mail:cgadd-NOS...@{*word*104}-fx.com  http://www.csd.net/~cgadd
Remove the -NOSPAM from my email address to send me e-mail.
*** I boycott businesses that send me unsolicited email adverti{*word*224}ts ***

Re:Just what does this BDE error mean?


In article <33d6018d.5156...@news.erols.com>, smat...@erols.com says...

Quote

>During start up of my app I started getting the following message

>"An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland
>Database Engine (error $2109)"

>The app comes up, but of course there is no access to the data. I
>hadn't made any changes to the app, and had successfully run it
>earlier the same day.

According to my ref's it means 'Can't load IDAPI01.DLL.  As for the
consequences of that, I haven't the slightest.
HTH
Ray

Quote

>I get this sinking feeling that I have to reinstall D3.

--
-------------------------------------------------------
Pacifier Online Data Service Dialup SLIP/PPP User
To register: (360) 693-0325 or telnet pods.pacifier.com
-------------------------------------------------------

Re:Just what does this BDE error mean?


Quote
r...@mail.pacifier.com (Ray Nelson) wrote:
>In article <33d6018d.5156...@news.erols.com>, smat...@erols.com says...

>>During start up of my app I started getting the following message

>>"An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland
>>Database Engine (error $2109)"

>>I get this sinking feeling that I have to reinstall D3.

Before you do that, have you checked that the paths in the [IDAPI]
section of WIN.INI are OK?  And also i believe that the Idapi-
directory should reside directly under the rootdirectory of c:.

Good luck
Sir N

Quote
>--
>-------------------------------------------------------
>Pacifier Online Data Service Dialup SLIP/PPP User
>To register: (360) 693-0325 or telnet pods.pacifier.com
>-------------------------------------------------------

Re:Just what does this BDE error mean?


Well, it is too late to check now (I had to get up and running so I
reinstalled D3), and I would have said that there is no win.ini (but I
used find file and sure enough Win 95 does have a win.ini), so next
time (I hope it doesn't happen again), I will check to see if that is
the problem.

Thank you for your suggestions.

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 16:40:49 GMT, s...@sdfab.se (S?ren Alexandersson)
wrote:

Quote
>r...@mail.pacifier.com (Ray Nelson) wrote:

>>In article <33d6018d.5156...@news.erols.com>, smat...@erols.com says...

>>>During start up of my app I started getting the following message

>>>"An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland
>>>Database Engine (error $2109)"

>>>I get this sinking feeling that I have to reinstall D3.

>Before you do that, have you checked that the paths in the [IDAPI]
>section of WIN.INI are OK?  And also i believe that the Idapi-
>directory should reside directly under the rootdirectory of c:.

>Good luck
>Sir N

>>--
>>-------------------------------------------------------
>>Pacifier Online Data Service Dialup SLIP/PPP User
>>To register: (360) 693-0325 or telnet pods.pacifier.com
>>-------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------
Scott Mattes
smattes_nobulkmailplea...@erols.com
http://www.erols.com/smattes

Boycott products made in China until China ends forced {*word*59}s!

Other Threads