Enable "Refresh" button of DB navigator.

Thayne,

I have logged this with Inprise as a bug in D3.02.

Whether it is correct in D4.0 I don't know.

Whether anything is being done to correct it I
don't know.

Obviously Refresh is just as appropriate for read-only
as for read-and-write.

BrianOH

Thayne wrote:
> Hi,

> *How do I enable the "Refresh" button of a DB navigator when used on a
> read only table?

> Regards
> Thayne
> email tha...@lantic.co.za

Re:Enable "Refresh" button of DB navigator.

Thayne wrote:

> Hi,

> *How do I enable the "Refresh" button of a DB navigator when used on a
> read only table?

> Regards
> Thayne
> email tha...@lantic.co.za

I reported this as a bug to Inprise.
Their response was that this works as designed, i.e. if the
TDataSet.CanModify property returns False then the Refresh button
on a TDBNavigator is disabled.

I then asked them what the CanModify property has to do with
the ability to refresh the dataset (nothing in my opinion), but
I never got a reply on that.

I suggest you just use a TButton instead, if possible.
Otherwise you might have to modify the VCL source for TDBNavigator.

Sorry that I cannot help,

Karl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Karl Waclawek
   KD Soft Inc.
 * Phone:  (905) 579-3443
 * E-Mail: wacla...@idirect.com

Re:Enable "Refresh" button of DB navigator.

Thank you,

I have used a button to refresh the data.
Regards
Thayne
email tha...@lantic.co.za

Other Threads