Can't rebuild library

When i try to rebuild the component library, or add new
components to the library, I get a message box with
the error "Disk full."  I have over 49MB of disk space free,
and 8MB RAM.

This problem happens even after a clean boot.  Other things
I have tried (although I think they are irrelevant) are
turning of "Optimize for size" in the linker options,
changing linker from memory to to disk, removing debugging,
and removing browser info.

Does anyone have any ideas?  If I can't get my newly-
created components into the library, my project is
dead in the water!

Thanks!

Anne-Marie

Re:Can't rebuild library

In article <23SEP199516032...@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu>,
   v070q...@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (Anne-Marie Kinsley) wrote:
}
}When i try to rebuild the component library, or add new
}components to the library, I get a message box with
}the error "Disk full."  I have over 49MB of disk space free,
}and 8MB RAM.
}
}This problem happens even after a clean boot.  Other things
}I have tried (although I think they are irrelevant) are
}turning of "Optimize for size" in the linker options,
}changing linker from memory to to disk, removing debugging,
}and removing browser info.
}
}Does anyone have any ideas?  If I can't get my newly-
}created components into the library, my project is
}dead in the water!
}

        Either you have a major problem, or you are using Stacker or something
similar.  These calculate disk space according to a 2 to 1 compression rate,
which they rarely actually achieve.  Try using a util that lets you see a disk
map.  If that is completely full, you are out of space even though dir and
chkdsk say you're not.

TG

--
Government is like a baby.  An alimentary c{*word*7}with a big appetite at
one end and no sense of responsibility at the other

-Ronald Reagan

Re:Can't rebuild library

v070q...@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (Anne-Marie Kinsley) wrote:
>When i try to rebuild the component library, or add new
>components to the library, I get a message box with
>the error "Disk full."  I have over 49MB of disk space free,
>and 8MB RAM.
>This problem happens even after a clean boot.  Other things
>I have tried (although I think they are irrelevant) are
>turning of "Optimize for size" in the linker options,
>changing linker from memory to to disk, removing debugging,
>and removing browser info.
>Does anyone have any ideas?  If I can't get my newly-
>created components into the library, my project is
>dead in the water!
>Thanks!
>Anne-Marie

I had trouble in the past rebuilding the VCL library but I didn't get
any messages.  You may try my solution anyway since it may work.
Check for the the file COMPLIB.DCL and its backup COMPLIB.~DC and make
sure neither is set to RO (read only).  This happened to me when my
library was destroyed and I had to bring a copy from the CD-ROM.
These files are on \Delphi\bin.  You may also try erasing them prior
to rebuilding or as last resource bring the one from CD-ROM and set as
R/W.
Good luck   /Luis

Re:Can't rebuild library

> v070q...@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (Anne-Marie Kinsley) wrote:
> >When i try to rebuild the component library, or add new
> >components to the library, I get a message box with
> >the error "Disk full."  I have over 49MB of disk space free,
> >and 8MB RAM.

I also have this sometimes.  In fact everytime I try and include the
source code to the components in the include path.  If I don't have this
as part of the include path all is well.  I don't know why though.

When it does happen, do as someone suggested here, quit to dos, and look
for complib.~dc and rename it back to complib.dcu, and you'll at least be
ok for the moment.

I wonder that it may be related to the fact that I had range-checking and
debugging turned on...  But I don;t know

--
Sam Liddicott
Campbell Scientific Ltd.

Re:Can't rebuild library

Gentl...@sisna.com (The Gentleman) wrote:
>}
>}When i try to rebuild the component library, or add new
>}components to the library, I get a message box with
>}the error "Disk full."  I have over 49MB of disk space free,
>}and 8MB RAM.
>}

This is a problem with your dcr file unbelievable as it may seem.
Image editor is terminally buggy and chances are your dcr it corrupt.
Install the component without the dcr file and see if that helps. If
so, create a brand new dcr, cut and paste the glyph from old to new and
save the new one.

Phil Scadden, Scadden Research, P.Scad...@gns.cri.nz
55 Buick St, Petone, Lower Hutt
New Zealand, Ph ++64 4 5687190, fax ++64 4 5695016

Re:Can't rebuild library

terry...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Shannon Terry) wrote:
>In article <23SEP199516032...@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu>,
>v070q...@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (Anne-Marie Kinsley) wrote:

>> When i try to rebuild the component library, or add new
>> components to the library, I get a message box with
>> the error "Disk full."  I have over 49MB of disk space free,
>> and 8MB RAM.

>I've had the same problem under Win95 and have reached a conclusion.  The
>Image Editor application does not always create the correct .DCU file for
>new components under Windows 95.  I assume that you are running Win95 or
>at least a dual boot setup.  What you should look for are .DCU files that
>exceed 1K or so.  Look for these in any installed components or any you
>have written.  This problem has been confirmed 100% on my system, and a
>friend overseas has experienced the same problem with the DCU.

>As a basic solution, design all DCU resources under Windows 3.1.  I have
>16 MB RAM and over 200MB of free disk space on the Delphi drive.  I must
>have re-installed a dozen times only to encounter the problem again after
>adding components.  I finally made the discovery and posted to a group or
>so with no feedback.  Trust me though.... this is your problem.

>If you continue to have problems, or need further explanation...

>shte...@freenet.columbus.oh.us
>terry...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu

Would you please be more clear?  I think Image Editor does not create .DCU files
at all, and you're talking about 'DCU resources', something I cannot figure out
exactly what it is.  Being unable to recreate the component library under Win95 is
a problem  serious enough to deserve special attention.  So I'd like to understand
 what you meant exactly in your post.

Regards,
Raymond Courteau

Other Threads