Dragging and dropping text into another application.

Does anybody know how you can drag text from something like an edit
box in a delphi application and paste it into another program's edit
box.

i.e.  drag text from a list box and drop text into a form on a webpage
in Netscape.

Barry

-----------------------------
The Random Groucho Marx Quotes Page @
http://www.therightside.demon.co.uk/quotes/groucho/

Re:Dragging and dropping text into another application.

> Does anybody know how you can drag text from something like an edit
> box in a delphi application and paste it into another program's edit
> box.

Look at our Drag and Drop Component Suite (Ver 3.03) ....

http://www.melander.dk/download

Freeware, with full source code, help file and several demos.
Drag and drop of files, text, URLs, Bitmaps, DIBs.

HTH

In article <369298ba.1528...@news.demon.co.uk>, R. Barry Jones wrote:
> i.e.  drag text from a list box and drop text into a form on a webpage
> in Netscape.

See the components and the extensive example documentation at the URLs in my
signature.

You won't be able to drag from a TEdit, though - it's based on the Windows EDIT
control, and it loses its selection when you click on it.  You'll need a
TRichEdit instead, with PlainText set to true (which looks exactly the same
as a TEdit).  FYI, if you only need to drag from a text box, and you don't mind
not having fine control over the process, you don't need ANY components at all
to do the task - TRichEdit automatically provides drag and drop support.

Hope this helps.

--
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:45 EST
Jim O'Brien, UnitOOPS Software   unito...@remove-this-prefix.unitoops.com