Quick Report - AutoStrech Problems

I am using QR2.0i and having a problem with memo fields "stretching"
properly.

When printing a memo field that crosses a page boundary, the text prints on
the next page as you would expect, but starts printing the record or
"detail" on top of this stretched memo text.

For example, let's say my Detail band looks like this:

Title: <title field>
Description <description field>      <-- this one is set to AutoStretch

The memo field WILL stretch correctly to the next page, BUT the static text
"Title:" and "Description:" will also show up on top of the continued text.

Otherwise, everthing prints as desired....

Help!

Doug

Re:Quick Report - AutoStrech Problems

Well, I figured it out myself! So I thought I better post the answer for
anyone who may have the same problem...

Instead of using the DetailBand to contain all the fields including the
AutoStrech. Put the AutoStrech control in a ChildBand. All my problems went
away!

Doug

Doug Hodson <hodso...@xr.wpafb.af.mil> wrote in article
<01bce574$4716b9d0$752f8386@webdev>...

> I am using QR2.0i and having a problem with memo fields "stretching"
> properly.

> When printing a memo field that crosses a page boundary, the text prints
on
> the next page as you would expect, but starts printing the record or
> "detail" on top of this stretched memo text.

> For example, let's say my Detail band looks like this:

> Title: <title field>
> Description <description field>      <-- this one is set to AutoStretch

> The memo field WILL stretch correctly to the next page, BUT the static
text
> "Title:" and "Description:" will also show up on top of the continued
text.

> Otherwise, everthing prints as desired....

> Help!

> Doug

Other Threads