ParamByname('Time').DataType:=ftTime problem

Dear all

I have a ADOCommand connected to a ADOConnection
I have a parameter of type ftTime

i do a INSERT query specifying the Parameter as an element to be inserted.

The problem is that the field in the table shows as "00:00:00"

What am i doing wrong?

ps. My database is Access2000 (connected by ODBC system data source)

Many Thanks

Mark Payton.

Re:ParamByname('Time').DataType:=ftTime problem

This might be worth knowing....

I have just got it to store times in an access database but only by changing
the parameter type to "ftFloat". is this a bug I wonder?

anyway just thought i would pass it on!

Mark

"Mark Payton" <mark.pay...@derbyshire.gov.uk> wrote in message

> Dear all

> I have a ADOCommand connected to a ADOConnection
> I have a parameter of type ftTime

> i do a INSERT query specifying the Parameter as an element to be inserted.

> The problem is that the field in the table shows as "00:00:00"

> What am i doing wrong?

> ps. My database is Access2000 (connected by ODBC system data source)

> Many Thanks

> Mark Payton.

Re:ParamByname('Time').DataType:=ftTime problem

>I have a ADOCommand connected to a ADOConnection
>I have a parameter of type ftTime

Since Access Does not have a time field type that won't work.
Try type DateTime

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:ParamByname('Time').DataType:=ftTime problem

 This might be worth knowing....

 I have just got it to store times in an access database but only by
changing
 the parameter type to "ftFloat". is this a bug I wonder?

 anyway just thought i would pass it on!

 Mark

 "Mark Payton" <mark.pay...@derbyshire.gov.uk> wrote in message

> > Dear all

> > I have a ADOCommand connected to a ADOConnection
> > I have a parameter of type ftTime

> > i do a INSERT query specifying the Parameter as an element to be
inserted.

> > The problem is that the field in the table shows as "00:00:00"

> > What am i doing wrong?

> > ps. My database is Access2000 (connected by ODBC system data source)

> > Many Thanks

> > Mark Payton.

Re:ParamByname('Time').DataType:=ftTime problem

"Mark Payton" <mark.pay...@derbyshire.gov.uk> wrote in message news:...
> This might be worth knowing....

> I have just got it to store times in an access database but only by
changing
> the parameter type to "ftFloat". is this a bug I wonder?

> anyway just thought i would pass it on!

> Mark

> "Mark Payton" <mark.pay...@derbyshire.gov.uk> wrote in message
> > Dear all

> > I have a ADOCommand connected to a ADOConnection
> > I have a parameter of type ftTime

> > i do a INSERT query specifying the Parameter as an element to be
inserted.

> > The problem is that the field in the table shows as "00:00:00"

> > What am i doing wrong?

> > ps. My database is Access2000 (connected by ODBC system data source)

> > Many Thanks

> > Mark Payton.

Re:ParamByname('Time').DataType:=ftTime problem

If you would like to see a complete list of ADO provider types supported by
your OLEDB provider, try the OpenSchema call on Provider Types.

On my system Access JET is showing DateTime Only.

Our tool does OpenSchema Calls in a GUI in case you get stuck with the 39
calls and criteria for them.

--
Michael Collier Bsc (Hons) Comp Sci
ADO Support Tools.

All information in this message is provided 'As is' and without warranty of
any kind. http://www.adoanywhere.com

> >I have a ADOCommand connected to a ADOConnection
> >I have a parameter of type ftTime

> Since Access Does not have a time field type that won't work.
> Try type DateTime

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com