Indy HTTP Proxy Question

Hi,

I have only just recently started using Indy and have come up against a
brick wall of sorts.

The program makes a connection via HTTP to retrieve some information. In
almost all cases it works as expected, including those people who connect
via a proxy. However, I have one person who cannot get the authorisation to
work.

He sent me the following steps that he goes through to connect to the
Internet:
"If it is of any help, here are the steps that are followed when using IE5
access the outside world:"
   1.    Open IE5 which connects to internal Intranet.
   2.    Enter external Internet address and select go.
   3.    User presented with authorisation box.
   4.    Enter User Id, Password and select OK.
   5.    Authorisation validated and access provided.

I place all his info into the request property of the TidHTTP component, but
it does not authenticate. What have I missed? I am using Indy 8.0.12-B

thanks

justin

Re:Indy HTTP Proxy Question

Can you post some code?

Hadi Hariri
http://delphi.urusoft.com

Re:Indy HTTP Proxy Question

For testing purposes with this client, I just used the HTTP demo that comes
with Indy. That puts the proxy information into the request property.

I then modified the program to allow him to enter socks info and placed that
into the socks area, that also failed.

thanks

justin

"Hadi Hariri - Team Indy" <h...@delphihome.com> wrote in message

> Can you post some code?

> --
> Hadi Hariri
> http://delphi.urusoft.com

Re:Indy HTTP Proxy Question

jus...@entellect.com.au (Justin Martin) wrote in
<93ioja$9...@bornews.inprise.com>:

What proxy i sit?

--
Hadi Hariri
http://delphi.urusoft.com

Re:Indy HTTP Proxy Question

Unfortunately, that is a little difficult to ascertain. They are a large
Telco here and are very sensitive about security information.

Never mind...

> jus...@entellect.com.au (Justin Martin) wrote in
> <93ioja$9...@bornews.inprise.com>:

> What proxy i sit?