Code to crash Windows 95 needed

why would you want to crash windows? it does
well enough on its own!

Stefan Prins <stefa...@xs4all.nl> wrote in article
<33FD7B14.B5AFD...@xs4all.nl>...

> Is there anybody who could provide some delphi-code that will reliably
> crash Windows 95?

> Thanks in advance.
> Stefan Prins

Re:Code to crash Windows 95 needed

Nando Dessena wrote:

> Stefan Prins wrote:

> > Is there anybody who could provide some delphi-code that will
> reliably
> > crash Windows 95?

> > Thanks in advance.
> > Stefan Prins
> Well, almost any Delphi code that don't take care of the correct
> destruction of instantiated objects will crash the system, sooner or
> later...
> --
>      ____
> __/\/ando

I think we have finally found an application for which VB is superior to
Delphi.

--
Bryan Valencia
Software Services - Making Windows Scream

Re:Code to crash Windows 95 needed

Given the real strong architecture of Windows 95, I'd suggest creating a
lot of threads, killing them, creating another batch, and so on... Win95
shouldn't be able to hang to it...

In article <01bcaf1f$b7ba0600$8dc348c2@john>, jde...@enterprise.net
says...

--

Re:Code to crash Windows 95 needed

Are there actually clients who PAY for this kind of work?

Re:Code to crash Windows 95 needed

In article <33FD7B14.B5AFD...@xs4all.nl>,

Stefan Prins <stefa...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>Is there anybody who could provide some delphi-code that will reliably
>crash Windows 95?

hmm...

I haven't got Win95, so I can't help much.

However, this works from a DOS window:
start DEBUG and:
 - F 0:0 L ffff 00
 <hangs - all interrupt vectors point to 0>
 - o 21, ff
 <hangs - disables all maskable interrupts>

the latter would presumably fit into a BASM codeblock:
  asm
    mov dx, 21h   //I hope I got the port to the interrupt ctrlr right?
    mov al, hff
    out dx, al
  end;

However, I'm not sure this will work from within Delphi 2/3, because Win32
apps are somewhat more protected than DOS apps? (As I said, I haven't got
Win95, so I dunno!)

--
=\
 *=- R.Moberg, CD-Player Pro info @ http://home.sn.no/home/mobergru

Re:Code to crash Windows 95 needed

Bryan Valencia <bry...@thevision.net> wrote in article
<33FE2069.45195...@thevision.net>...

> > > Is there anybody who could provide some delphi-code that will
> > > reliably crash Windows 95?
> > Well, almost any Delphi code that don't take care of the correct
> > destruction of instantiated objects will crash the system, sooner or
> > later...
> I think we have finally found an application for which VB is superior to
> Delphi.

ROFL!

To crash windows is easy. I used to use GetModuleHandle to get the kernel,
gdi or user handles and then call FreeModule with that handle until usage
count was zero. You can also use global memory calls to get a chunk of
memory belonging to kernel and then overwrite it with garbage. Isn't the
Windows arhitecture simple AMAZING - a little app can tell the kernel where
to get off! :-)

regards,
Billy

Other Threads