HOWTO: Overcome the 32KB limit of TMemo

hi...

is there any way to overcome the 32KB text-limit of the standard
Tmemo-component? or is there some kind of replacement component for
TMemo which can handle text larger than 32KB?

thanks in advance!

replies by email would be appreciated (mkoeh...@debis.com)

Re:HOWTO: Overcome the 32KB limit of TMemo

Mario,

If you're using 32-bit Delphi, you can use a TRichEdit; if Delphi
1, I believe Orpheus (from TurboPower) has such a replacement...

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

* Monday June 08 1998, m...@gei.hamburg.cap-debis.de (Mario K/hler) wrote:

 MK> is there any way to overcome the 32KB text-limit of the standard
 MK> Tmemo-component? or is there some kind of replacement component for
 MK> TMemo which can handle text larger than 32KB?

When you're running the app under Windows NT the limit is 2 Gb. Otherwise you
should look for 3rd party components. I'm using PlusMemo. You can contact the
author at:

raymond_court...@uqtr.uquebec.ca

Regards,
Hans

... 1197.It really bothers me when people cut me o...

Mario K?hler wrote in message <357ce425.342425221@news>...
>is there any way to overcome the 32KB text-limit of the standard
>Tmemo-component? or is there some kind of replacement component for
>TMemo which can handle text larger than 32KB?

In the 32 bit world (Delphi 2 and 3), you have the TRichEdit which,
when used properly, can work with large text.  Other than that, there
are a number of third party components.  One of them is: TPlusMemo,
shareware (US$29), also handles basic text formattting and syntax
highlighting.

You can find it on DSP, Torry's pages (file Plusmemo.zip) or on our
web site at http://www3.sympatico.ca/ecm/delpang.htm#PMEMO

Raymond Courteau
Electro-Concept Mauricie

Other Threads