Board index » delphi » comctl32.dll v 4.71 - problems with 32bit components

comctl32.dll v 4.71 - problems with 32bit components

    I've got a problem under comctl32.dll v 4.71 - 32bit components, mainly
coolbar, works not so good.
    I've got Delphi 3.0 standard - can samoene help me?

--
Jacek <ya...@priv.onet.pl>

 

Re:comctl32.dll v 4.71 - problems with 32bit components


Hi,
I had problems with tool bar buttons when IE 4.0 was installed on my
development machine. The images in the buttons got lost when the
application was installed on a machine without IE40. I believe this was
because the TImageList did not work so well with that particular version of
comctl32.dll. I uninstalled IE4.0 and the problem went away I have ver
,4.70 now). I believe taht an alternative solution in my case would have
been to load those bitmaps at run time from a resource file.

Regards,
Bj?rn

Yacko <ya...@priv.onet.pl> wrote in article
<6cidtp$5...@forums.borland.com>...

Quote
>     I've got a problem under comctl32.dll v 4.71 - 32bit components,
mainly
> coolbar, works not so good.
>     I've got Delphi 3.0 standard - can samoene help me?

> --
> Jacek <ya...@priv.onet.pl>

Re:comctl32.dll v 4.71 - problems with 32bit components


If it's any help to you, I got a file called com32upd.exe from MS's
website that fixed all my comctl32 related problems without the
need to mess with IE 4

Quote
Bj?rn Kvisli wrote:
> Hi,
> I had problems with tool bar buttons when IE 4.0 was installed on my
> development machine. The images in the buttons got lost when the
> application was installed on a machine without IE40. I believe this was
> because the TImageList did not work so well with that particular version of
> comctl32.dll. I uninstalled IE4.0 and the problem went away I have ver
> ,4.70 now). I believe taht an alternative solution in my case would have
> been to load those bitmaps at run time from a resource file.

> Regards,
> Bj?rn

> Yacko <ya...@priv.onet.pl> wrote in article
> <6cidtp$5...@forums.borland.com>...
> >     I've got a problem under comctl32.dll v 4.71 - 32bit components,
> mainly
> > coolbar, works not so good.
> >     I've got Delphi 3.0 standard - can samoene help me?

> > --
> > Jacek <ya...@priv.onet.pl>

Re:comctl32.dll v 4.71 - problems with 32bit components


Quote
In article <34ED9C99.F32B3...@nospam.accumedic.com>, el...@nospam.accumedic.com wrote:
>If it's any help to you, I got a file called com32upd.exe from MS's
>website that fixed all my comctl32 related problems without the
>need to mess with IE 4

>Bj?rn Kvisli wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I had problems with tool bar buttons when IE 4.0 was installed on my
>> development machine. The images in the buttons got lost when the
>> application was installed on a machine without IE40. I believe this was
>> because the TImageList did not work so well with that particular version of
>> comctl32.dll. I uninstalled IE4.0 and the problem went away I have ver
>> ,4.70 now). I believe taht an alternative solution in my case would have
>> been to load those bitmaps at run time from a resource file.

>> Regards,
>> Bj?rn

>> Yacko <ya...@priv.onet.pl> wrote in article
>> <6cidtp$5...@forums.borland.com>...
>> >     I've got a problem under comctl32.dll v 4.71 - 32bit components,
>> mainly
>> > coolbar, works not so good.
>> >     I've got Delphi 3.0 standard - can samoene help me?

The Delphi 3.01/3.02 updates fixed a few of the COMCTL32 problems, including
the ImageList one.

Geo

--
George Mealer                       geo...@cambria.com
Programmer/Systems Analyst          Office: (650) 328-9270
Cambria Corporation                 Fax:    (650) 328-8642

"A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before
 crossing a one-way street." -- Doug Linder

Other Threads