I've a problem nobody do believe

A network with TCP/IP and 2 Win95 Clients and 1 WinNt Server with
running IB 4.2

So my problem:

if my program is started on all 3 machines performances is great. if one
of my program (!) is stopped at any of the 3 machines, performance is
slowly coming down (about 30 sec) to inaceptable time.
Then if started again performance will increase and will be good (also
about 30 sec)

???
Joe

Re:I've a problem nobody do believe

Windstosser Joe <JoeWindstos...@gmx.de> wrote:
>A network with TCP/IP and 2 Win95 Clients and 1 WinNt Server with
>running IB 4.2
>So my problem:
>if my program is started on all 3 machines performances is great. if one
>of my program (!) is stopped at any of the 3 machines, performance is
>slowly coming down (about 30 sec) to inaceptable time.
>Then if started again performance will increase and will be good (also
>about 30 sec)

What does your program do?

Regards,
Chris Roberts

Re:I've a problem nobody do believe

just some select's, nothing else.

thanks
Joe

Chris Roberts wrote:
> Windstosser Joe <JoeWindstos...@gmx.de> wrote:

> >A network with TCP/IP and 2 Win95 Clients and 1 WinNt Server with
> >running IB 4.2
> >So my problem:
> >if my program is started on all 3 machines performances is great. if one
> >of my program (!) is stopped at any of the 3 machines, performance is
> >slowly coming down (about 30 sec) to inaceptable time.
> >Then if started again performance will increase and will be good (also
> >about 30 sec)

> What does your program do?

> Regards,
> Chris Roberts

Re:I've a problem nobody do believe

Windstosser Joe <JoeWindstos...@gmx.de> wrote:
>just some select's, nothing else.

Hi Joe.

Since you've received no other answers, my suggestion would be to post your
message to interbase.public.general with:

1) Full list of the BDE Interbase driver settings.
2) Network protocol used to access the Interbase server.
3) Processor, RAM and OS on server and clients.
4) The SQL queries used.
5) The delphi code used to execute the queries.
6) Number and size of records in the database, together with the number
expected to be returned by the queries.

BTW where is the application .EXE kept?  On the server or each client?

Regards,
Chris Roberts

Other Threads