Delphi 1.0 serial communicatin under Win 3.11

Hello,

I want to write a Delphi 1.0 program running under Windows 3.11 which
communicates
via one of the serial interfaces (COM-Ports). It seems that the Win API
functions
WriteCOMM and TransmitCOMMChar don't work correctly under Delphi 1?
Is there another way to do the communication?????

Replay or Mail to
micro...@netway.at

p.s. Sorry, but I am not very good in English.

Gnther Wimpassinger
micro...@netway.at

Re:Delphi 1.0 serial communicatin under Win 3.11

In article <35F5A47E.3A400...@netway.at>, "Gnther Wimpassinger" <micro...@netway.at> wrote:
>Hello,

>I want to write a Delphi 1.0 program running under Windows 3.11 which
>communicates
>via one of the serial interfaces (COM-Ports). It seems that the Win API
>functions
>WriteCOMM and TransmitCOMMChar don't work correctly under Delphi 1?
>Is there another way to do the communication?????

>Replay or Mail to
>micro...@netway.at

>p.s. Sorry, but I am not very good in English.

>Gnther Wimpassinger
>micro...@netway.at

Your English is fine.   Point your browser to http://www.marshallsoft.com/
then follow the links to download the shareware version of Windows Standard
Serial Comm Lib for Delphi  WSC4D

WSC4D is an asynchronous serial communications library for Delphi based on the
Windows serial communications API. WSC4D contains both Win16 and Win32 DLLs.
Includes 25 functions plus modem control, ASCII, XMODEM, and YMODEM protocols,
and 6 example programs. Requires Delphi compiler.

Carl Dippel     c...@netusa.net     www.netusa.net/~carl

Gnther Wimpassinger schrieb:

> Hello,

> I want to write a Delphi 1.0 program running under Windows 3.11 which
> communicates
> via one of the serial interfaces (COM-Ports). It seems that the Win API
> functions
> WriteCOMM and TransmitCOMMChar don't work correctly under Delphi 1?
> Is there another way to do the communication?????

> Gnther Wimpassinger micro...@netway.at

Besided the marshallsoft link as mentioned in another answer
mail, you get even more choices in
chapter "serial" and in the Delphi page.

Regards, Franz Glaser

Other Threads