D4 to Oracle?

I think I remember reading that D4 has an Oracle driver.  If so, does
anyone have any experience with it?  Specifically:

1.  Is it easy and fast to connect to Oracle?
2.  Is this a good way to put a database application on the web?
3.  If it's not a good idea to implement it on the web, can the
application be run from a server in C/S mode?

We have about 40 people in our group who would like easy access to
information that is stored in Oracle 7.3.2.3.2 on an Alpha running
OpenVMS 7.1.  I'd like to write applications that will be modified over
time thereby making a lot of headaches if the new .exe has to be
distributed to everybody.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re:D4 to Oracle?

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:13:52 GMT, Alan MacArthur

<alan.s.macart...@boeing.com> wrote:
>I think I remember reading that D4 has an Oracle driver.  If so, does
>anyone have any experience with it?  Specifically:
>1.  Is it easy and fast to connect to Oracle?

If everything is properly configured and set up, yes, absolutely.

>2.  Is this a good way to put a database application on the web?
>3.  If it's not a good idea to implement it on the web, can the
>application be run from a server in C/S mode?

Delphi (since v3.0) offers *everything* you need to put databases on
the web, no problem. We have several things running in our intranet,
common things like an electronic phone book and stuff like that. Works
without a problem. We chose the CGI implementation, but you could also
write an ISAPI / NSAPI server extension, Delphi offers all you need.

Marc

Marc Scheuner                            Berner Versicherungen, Dept. ISV
May the Source be With You               Laupenstrasse 27
marc.scheu...@berner.ch                  CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland