Email-attachment...Aaaaaargll

Hi Rudy,

I didn't follow most of your message, but I caught one line:

>De POP3server send always the contents of the attachment as text!

You mean as text in the body of the message, like, uuencoded? If so,
you'll have to decode it. I have some code to do this if this is
really your problem.

HTH,
Scott

Rudy Versele wrote in message <36DEDB83.1EB0A...@pandora.be>...
>Hi Friends,
>I'm ashamed, for the first time in twelve years programming,
>I've got a problem where I really don't find an answer.

>Every night should the PC's in several firms sends an Email with
>attachment to each other. The attachment is a compressed update
>for the running databases.

>Sending and receiving the email is no problem.
>By decoding the received message, I see the name of the attachment.
>So far, it's the same as you found in your emailinbox.
>If there is an attachment, you can see the filename.
>If you click on the filename, a program start to view or to
>unzip the attachment.(mimecode ok)
>What I need, is the same as a normal email-inbox-app.
>If I click (or a timer...) on the filename, then should start a
>program for receiving the attachment.
>But, Billions of blue blistering barnacles, I don't know how to
>tell the emailserver that I want to receive the file!
>De POP3server send always the contents of the attachment as text!

>If there's somebody who can tell me what to do, please send me an
>email.

>Make haste slowly, I beg you on my knees, if you've a suggestion
>or a little hint, write me, P L E A S E !!!

>Thanks for reading,

>Rudy Versele

Re:Email-attachment...Aaaaaargll

Thanks Scott,

OK, I'll convert the attchement to text before sending.
I have to do that because the POP3server has different districtions.
So had the POP3 problems with the chr(0) and each 60 bytes,
he insert a linefeed (#13#10).
It's very easy to do something like that, but the size of the
attachment becomes bigger, and it isn't very "professional"

Thanks for responding,
Rudy

Scott Roberts wrote:
> Hi Rudy,

> I didn't follow most of your message, but I caught one line:

> >The POP3server send always the contents of the attachment as text!

> You mean as text in the body of the message, like, uuencoded? If so,
> you'll have to decode it. I have some code to do this if this is
> really your problem.

> HTH,
> Scott

Other Threads