BDE Error 210D when starting more than 2 BDE Apps

Hello,

I get the BDE error 210D "Conflict during simultaneous memory access"
(as I would translate the German version) if I start more than two
Applications using the BDE on the same computer. This can be either my
own programs or Delphi 4 and the Database Explorer (started
separately). All programs will connect to an InterBase server (yes, I
am waiting for Delphi 5 to arrive). Software is Delphi 4 Upd 3, BDE
5.1, InterBase 5.6, Win NT 4 Sp6 or Win 95b. As far as I remember this
does not always happen, but right now even a restart of the computer
does not help.

Does the BDE not support multi-tasking or what ?

Thanks for your help

Ulrich Jantzen

Re:BDE Error 210D when starting more than 2 BDE Apps

Ok, I found an article on the Borland Community site, that solved the
problem.

Ulrich jantzen

Re:BDE Error 210D when starting more than 2 BDE Apps

This is a known issue with the BDE.
I have always had difficulty running multiple BDE applications at once on NT
(this has been true since Delphi 2) .  The solution in the past has always
been to modify the "SharedMemLocation" parameter in BDE Config.

The trick is, you have to play around with this value, some will make the
problem better, and some will make it worse.

In the past, I have had some success entering the default value into the
parameter box instead of leaving it blank.  These values are from the help
file:
                Default (for Windows NT): 0x6BDE0000
                Minimum Value (for Windows NT): 0x10000000
                Maximum Value (for Windows NT): 0x7F000000

I am currently running my BDE shared mem location at 7A00

Ulrich Jantzen <occ-g...@t-online.de> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I get the BDE error 210D "Conflict during simultaneous memory access"
> (as I would translate the German version) if I start more than two
> Applications using the BDE on the same computer. This can be either my
> own programs or Delphi 4 and the Database Explorer (started
> separately). All programs will connect to an InterBase server (yes, I
> am waiting for Delphi 5 to arrive). Software is Delphi 4 Upd 3, BDE
> 5.1, InterBase 5.6, Win NT 4 Sp6 or Win 95b. As far as I remember this
> does not always happen, but right now even a restart of the computer
> does not help.

> Does the BDE not support multi-tasking or what ?

> Thanks for your help

> Ulrich Jantzen

Other Threads