BDE error: 11272, Not Initialized for Accessing Network Files

Help

When I try to create a new Data Dictionary on our file server, I get
the following message:

        BDE error: 11272, Not Initialized for Accessing Network Files

What do I need to do to initialize the BDE for accessing network
files?  I would like the data dictionary sharable by all developers.

Thanks

Darryl

Re:BDE error: 11272, Not Initialized for Accessing Network Files

 Darryl Kimak wrote in article <3369dc47.9923...@news.intergate.bc.ca>...

>When I try to create a new Data Dictionary on our file server, I get
>the following message:
> BDE error: 11272, Not Initialized for Accessing Network Files
>What do I need to do to initialize the BDE for accessing network
>files?  I would like the data dictionary sharable by all developers.

Set a Netfile.
Everyone on the network who uses a IDAPI or BDE application, including
Quattro Pro, WordPerfect, Paradox. DBase, InterBuilder, and data-aware
Delphi or C++ apps, must use the same NetFile.
The drive share letter used to access the netfile must be the same tree
level.

I like setting up a share, like N: just for the Netfile, so different
departments aren't concerned about who sees their data.

Other Threads