Idapi.dll's not released (delphi 1.02)

I have a 'minimum'  Delphi  1.02 application using  a  Delphi  1.02 DLL.
This DLL contains a form with only a TDatabase component. The form is
created runtime.
I use Paradox 5.0
After running (and immediately closing) the application  within  Delphi, the
following DLLs are not realeased:
'one' idapi01.dll and 'three' ild01.dll (detected by shootdcl) and
idz10009.dll (only detected by wps).
running outside delphi gives no problems at all.

Who can tell me why this happens and what to do about it!!!!!!!!!!

Jeroen Moolhuijsen

Re:Idapi.dll's not released (delphi 1.02)

hi,

my guess: the Delphi-IDE keeps the BDE in Memory, because you use
database-components...

If it runs outside delphi, what is the problem ?

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:07:50 +0100, "Jeroen Moolhuijsen" <j...@dds.nl>
wrote:

>I have a 'minimum'  Delphi  1.02 application using  a  Delphi  1.02 DLL.
>This DLL contains a form with only a TDatabase component. The form is
>created runtime.
>I use Paradox 5.0
>After running (and immediately closing) the application  within  Delphi, the
>following DLLs are not realeased:
>'one' idapi01.dll and 'three' ild01.dll (detected by shootdcl) and
>idz10009.dll (only detected by wps).
>running outside delphi gives no problems at all.

>Who can tell me why this happens and what to do about it!!!!!!!!!!

>Jeroen Moolhuijsen

-------- Join the Delphi Who is Who Page -----------
-------- How do the Delphi - People look -----------
----- and what are their personal interests --------
-------------- watch and submit at : ---------------
      http://www.hebach.com/delphiwhoiswho.htm

Re:Idapi.dll's not released (delphi 1.02)

Hi Markus,
first of all thanks for your reply.

Yes, I suppose it's true that the IDE does this, but I also have another
Delphi 1.02 application using a TDatabase component, but here no problems
arise. The big difference between the two applications is that the one I am
working on now, uses a DLL (where the TDatabase component resides).

The DLL-problems I have with the application outside Delphi I will post
later to this newsgroup. First I have to isolate them myself.

Thanks, Jeroen

Other Threads