AV with IDSQL32.DLL (version 5.01)

We recently converted an application from Delphi 1 (BDE 2.5) to Delphi 4
(BDE 5.01).  We have the following query which worked under the old
system:

Select * from tolmix where
:avg >= Tolmix.'p1' and :avg <= Tolmix.'p2'
and :ptowt >= Tolmix.'pwt1' and :ptowt <= Tolmix.'pwt2'

It's doing a range check for laboratory tolerances.  To avoid being in
violation, a certain number (:avg) has to be between 2 numbers (tolmix
p1 and p2) and another number
(:ptowt) must be between two other sets of numbers (tolmix pwt1 and
pwt2).

The message we get under D4 and BDE 5.01 is as follows:

Access violation at address 4C6187FD in module 'idsql32.dll'. Read of
address 7D8C000D.

We are running under Windows NT workstation with service pack 5
installed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Do I need to upgrade to BDE 5.1?

Thanks much

Mark Anderson
Illinois Dept. of Agriculture
Springfield, Il.

Re:AV with IDSQL32.DLL (version 5.01)

Hi Bill

I changed the shared memory location, but I still get the Access Violation.  Any
other suggestions?  Should I go back to a previous version of the BDE?

Thanks

Mark Anderson

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote:
> Hi Mark,

> This is just a guess but try changing the BDE shared memory location to 5BDE
> in the BDE administrator. There is a memory address conflict that occurs on
> some machines running NT.

> --
> Bill

> Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:AV with IDSQL32.DLL (version 5.01)

Hi Mark,

This is just a guess but try changing the BDE shared memory location to 5BDE
in the BDE administrator. There is a memory address conflict that occurs on
some machines running NT.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:AV with IDSQL32.DLL (version 5.01)

I have never encountered the problem you describe so I am not sure what is
causing it. Here are three wild guesses that you can try.

1) Rebuild the table with the Paradox table repair utility.
2) Change the table and field names to the format "Tolmix.db"."p1" .
3) Try BDE 5.10.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)